New here....

Options
I joined about 3 and a half weeks ago. So far I have lost 11 lbs. I lost a lot in the 1st few weeks. Now my weight loss has slowed way down. I don't like it. I'm partipating in this biggest loser thing at work and I have to weigh in every Friday. The incentive is not to gain any weight cuz if I do, I have to pay a dollar. Whoever wins in the end by highest percentage of weight loss wins money. My calorie intake is 1640 a day which is TOUGH! I went from probably eating atleast double that to this. Everyday is a struggle since I'm highly addicted to food. Also I work around it everyday which KILLS me. I work out 4-5 days a week and count my calories. Hoping to lose 30-40 lbs by May.
:ohwell:

Replies

• lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    hi, your eating about the same amount of calories i am.good luck.stick to it and you will do good
  • nsensitiv
    Options
    hello everyone........... heard a lot of good things about this place and cannot wait to get started.... I made my signature ticker but i dont know how to add it to the forum.... i copied and paste but nothing shows up.... how do i do it............. nsensitiv [name refers to the song by jan arden]:flowerforyou: :heart:
  • nsensitiv
    Options
    :ohwell: oops! ... lol ... i guessed it worked :laugh: :blushing:
  • Mande_G
    Mande_G Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Photomom,

Ah, a fellow redhead I see. :happy: I am also 29 and hoping to lose 30-40 lbs by May (my birthday is 5/19).

My calorie level is right around 1400 and I find that (for -me-) eating 40% carbs, 30% protein, 30% fat and eating a meal/snack EVERY 3 HOURS really, really helps me stay feeling full and gives me a TON of energy -- and I've only been doing this for 4 days. I don't know that your body would respond in the same way, but it's worth a try if you're eating a different way (less protein, bigger meals less often, etc.)

Working around food and trying not to eat everything in sight must be tough, though! I'm glad I have a desk job, where I don't have to think about food if I don't want to. :wink:

Good luck!!