Anyone needing to lose over 100 pounds?

Options
Hello all you beautiful on the inside people! So it is time to get truly serious about all this diet stuff. When you realize you can't cross your legs, your feet hurt and it is difficult to tie your shoes..well it is time to get really serious...so I am looking for people who are serious about being a support team (community). When you have this much to lose, it is impossible to do on your own. I was hoping for some accountability partners that would help me succeed and for me to do the same. I am a youth minister who has a busy lifestyle, but in the last 5 years (because of my weight) I have broken more bones than necessary...so for them, for me and for my family, I have to do something. I am almost 50 now and really don't want to die early. Reality is crashing in as I get older and I think it is time to search for a true lifestyle and not a yoyo fix that has you losing and gaining...as I see to always put on more than I lose. How about you? Are you up for the challenge and do you need support to? Hope So!!!

Replies

• MsKael
    Options
    I am supposed to lose a little over 100 pounds to be at what is considered the best weight for me. I will be extremely happy to lose the 79 that will get me to 200 pounds.
  • hospicehha
    Options
    I would love to help you on your journey....this is my first day on here and am supper pumped. I also have over 100 lbs to lose. Please add me as your friend :smile:
  • PapaRCB
    PapaRCB Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Be happy to join you and other motivated people.
    I am 1st married for 40+ years; 2nd: grandfather of 3 reasons to smile; 3rd still working at a job I love after 40+ years in the saddle; and the alst thing that should define me is I am semi-invalid from a combination of old wounds and too much weight.
    I have no control over the wounds. I need to control my weight so I can once more have a "normal" life.
    Wishing you all the best and every success.
  • WeepingDaisy
    Options
    Unfortunately I also have 100+ pounds to lose. :frown: Sometimes I wonder how I let myself get this big.
  • rilosmomma2001
    Options
    I am a member of this club. I actually need to lose over 200. I have to start somewhere. I have always been plus size, but I gained an enormous amount of weight in the past 6 years. I have to change. I have so much to live for and I do appreciate my life-I need to start living like it. I would love to add friends! :-)
  • zora182
    zora182 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I actually do need to lose well over a 100 to get to a healthy weight but my goal weight is 199. I am okay with that point. So I have 99 more pounds to go. Any of you can add me if you like.
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    If you look at it as a "diet" it won't work. It MUST be a lifestyle change!
    Read Forks over KNives or watch the movie.

Add me is you like i was over 300 now down to 284 as of today. SHould be around 160, lol
  • cyn60
    cyn60 Posts: 20
    Options
    I too need to lose over 100lbs. I have a sit down job and try to move as much as possible. Would love not to have my back, sholuders and knees to hurt so much. Count me in!!!
  • BryanRichards_Fit
    Options
    I am 14lbs into 125 I am going to lose, I do not consider what I am doing a diet. I have changed by habits forever. Those new habits will change my appearance. Good Luck
  • GenesisandEden
    GenesisandEden Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Sending request =)
  • nursewhitman
    nursewhitman Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I probably need to lose 100 total, but I'm not sure that's realistic. When I was in my 20s, I worked to stay just above 140. Lower than that was only achieved by unhealthy means (starvation mostly). I'm 40 now and 229, have lost 11, and I would be happy to just see the 150s.
  • jccst9
    jccst9 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately I also have 100+ pounds to lose. :frown: Sometimes I wonder how I let myself get this big.

I wonder the same thing myself, especially since I know that I deserve better. We all do.

Good luck on your journey!
  • dmparasiliti
    Options
    I am a lifetime dieter who gets frustrated easily. I need to lose 130 pounds to reach my goal weight. Need all the support I can get to keep me motivated.
  • I am Down! My goal is to lose 115 lbs. I am a martial arts instructor and trying to sell a healthy life style when you are well over 300 lbs is a challenging task. Anyone who wants to help and be helped let me know. I have already recommended this site to my mom and sister as well as many friends. I am ready for a change!
  • getgoodhealth
    Options
    I did need to lose 100 pounds. at 221 and only 5 feet tall I was suffering. I have made it down to 190. Thats a mile stone for me. I started out more than a year ago trying always to make healthy choices. It went slow. my dr. told me to add walking even when it's only 10 min.s. I found that starting I could only do 5 min.s without hurting. But I got farther & farther. Then I joined this site to find how many calories I need. It has been so helpful for me. I don't feel alone in all this. I know I can and I will do it !! So will you. :smile:
  • shanna6
    Options
    I am new to this life stile change too. I would welcome support and am willing to return the favor. I feel as If I am off to a good start but I believe every little bit helps. I am 100% an all in kind of person and my goals are set. I will reach them and I would be glad to help others reach their's.
  • rainlover711
    rainlover711 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I have to lose at least 100, possibly more.

I have tried so many different ways, and I'm hoping this time to make some permanent changes and to learn how to treat myself better.

Ha, although I have to say that we are probably all already beautiful on the outside, not just on the inside!

Anyway, I'm starting a whole new system and it involves tracking and check ins with my doctor every 2 weeks.
    Feel free to add me if you like!
  • dirobie
    Options
    Well again I needto lose 150 lbs and then I'll be 200lbs.and I would be happy with that ! I'm in pain all the time I'll be 65 in January and to be honest I'm afraid. I need to do this I will need a lot of support.
  • Fivefootnowt
    Options
    Hey Prayerseeker, I "only" have sixty pounds to lose but also believe that prayer will help. If we idolise food more than God, what does that say about our faith!? No condemnation to either of us though :wink:
  • VLD1974
    Options
    I have to lose a little over 100 pounds. I'm 37 and last year had a stroke. Luckily it wasn't severe, this time, but I really have to get it together. I'd love to be your friend (and anyone else's) along the way. I'm Diane. :)