Calories in exercise classes

Options
Hi,

Im kinds new to this site and love it!

Im finding that a few of my fitness classes are not listed in the exercise and am unsure what calories are burned in the classes.

Body Combat
Body Pump
Body Attack

Can anyone help :))

thanks

Replies

• htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Really varies alot between people. Weight, height, gender, and how hard you're working in the class are all factors. I would recommend getting a heart rate monitor to wear in class for the best estimate.
  • mrsc86
    mrsc86 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    As said - it really does vary from person to person. For me (5'4" female, 140lbs), I burn approx:

Body Combat - 440 per hour
    Body Pump - 260 per hour
    Body Attack - 440 per hour

Sometimes it's higher, sometimes lower - all depends how much I'm putting into it
  • bottay
    bottay Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm stuck on this aswell, how did you work out how many calories you burn? I was thinking maybe use a pedometre or something?
  • timea_84
    timea_84 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi!! I take pump and combat on a regular basis and LOVE them. The calorie burn depends on your height weight age and how hard you're working/how much you're lifting. If you plan on taking them regularly I highly recommend getting a HRM because you can't get more accurate than that. I was going by the cheat sheet before I got mine and was way off. This is what I burn
    Pump-550+
    Combat-650
    Attack-it was at least 600 last time I took it months ago
    I also take step, last night I burnt 676cals
    Oh and I should add I'm 6' 170lbs
  • bottay
    bottay Posts: 14 Member
    Options
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Any time you can't find something in the exercise list an easy remedy is to think of what generic thing it's like. Is it aerobics, circuit training, dance, boxing, etc. Pick something that is the closest fit because there seems to be a new fitness class coming out everyday and no database will keep up with all of them. The only thing close to accuracy would be a HRM.