Advice needed on starting home exercise

Options
Hi Guys

Apologies if this topic has been done to death, I'm new and slightly over whelmed by the volume of information available.

Here's the situation - following illness and surgery I'v put a lot of weight on, stopped exercising but have had my lightbulb moment this week - time to start looking after myself. I used to use Livestrong/Daily Plate and so am ok with tracking what I eat and have started making some healthier choices there.

I'm going to join a gym but for the next couple of months I'm financially a bit challenged. And when I got ill I got rid of my dumbbells and free weights.

I'd like to kick off some strength training at home until such time as I can commit to the gym fees and wondered if there was a schedule anyone could recommend until such time as I can start training properly. I'm VERY out of condition so effectively starting from scratch but eager to jump on it once again.

Any ideas? Only thing I now have at home is a pull up bar - oh and a tredmill - forgot about that! To be honest I'm more interested in strength than cardio.

Replies