jogging vs running

Options
i do jogging during the weeks(3-4X), the duration depends on my moods. but it takes from 20 min till 45 min(2.5 min - 5 Max). and also i do body pump 2 times in week. i am 169 cm and 63 kg,40 years old, female. my questions are
1- I think i jog near 2.5 km for about 17 18 min, am i running or jogging?
2- is jogging(considering distance and duration of jogging) OK for fitness and also losing just a little weight( i prefer to lose 5 kg) or i should run? because it is near one year that i can't lose weight.

I am doing different workouts for about 10 years.

Thank you

Replies

• M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    I would say first of all, does it matter? You are out there, getting some exercise and fresh air and getting the heart pumping! great exercise to me. If however, you are looking to get a more structured programme to increase your running distance/improve endurance then i would recommend the couch to 5k programme. Keep active and eat well and the lbs should start to come off. Good luck
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    All jogging IS running! Your speed will increase as you do it more, but it's all running.
  • MissMormie
    MissMormie Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Jogging = running.

The only thing you need to be aware of is that your form can suffer if you always jog. When you run your body automatically gets into the right form, lands on the right part of the foot and so on. When you jog this doesn't happen as easily.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    A "jogger" is simply a runner with self-esteem issues. Someone who insists on labeling other people as "joggers" as opposed to labeling themselves a "runner" is simply an arrogant prick.

Call yourself what you want, as long as "healthier and thinner than last month" continues to apply as needed.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    A "jogger" is simply a runner with self-esteem issues. Someone who insists on labeling other people as "joggers" as opposed to labeling themselves a "runner" is simply an arrogant prick.

Call yourself what you want, as long as "healthier and thinner than last month" continues to apply as needed.

^^ This

If you are not losing weight it may be because you are doing the same routine and your body has adapted to it - are you challenging yourself - lifting heavier weights, trying to run faster or longer?

How is your diet - are you calorie counting as all the exercise in the world won't help if your diet is rubbish (sad but true).

And you are a runner - no matter how slow you go :drinker: