Be creative....

Options
Hello all! :tongue:

I'm looking for new ways to add fiber and protein into my daily diet and was wondering if any of you had new and creative ways to do so. If so, please share....

Thanks
~ Katie:tongue:

Replies

• courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Fiber- Nature's Own Double Fiber wheat bread = 5g per slice! And only 50 cals a slice, and it's not a wimpy/skimpy piece of bread; it is substantial.
    Protein- I'm sure you know this, but chicken breast has a TON and beans do as well. I have also taken a liking to Luna bars, I think like 8g of protein. Greek yogurt also has a lot too! Yum!
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Mission makes a flour tortilla that has 11 grams of fiber per tortilla. Use it for a wrap and you'll easily boost your fiber.
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Orowheat Sandwhich Thins, only 100 calories per roll and 6 grams of protein, AND 6 grams of fiber per serving.!!! Plus they taste great. I am partial to the multi-grain version, but the whole wheat is good too, and NO high fructose corn syrup.
  • lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • Mande_G
    Mande_G Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Kashi Go Lean High Protein High Fiber cereal is good. 3/4 cup gets you 8g fiber, 10g protein and only 105 calories. Apples (with skin) are awesome sources of fiber as well -- one large apple has about 5g fiber. Birds-eye Steamfresh peas have about 4g fiber in 2/3 cup.

Also try beans... kidney beans are pretty high in fiber; or you can go with reduced fat vegetarian re-fried beans (I don't have the exact numbers handy).
  • mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the tips. And by all means, KEEP EM COMING! :wink: