Brand new to this

Options
Hi all! I've just started my journey. I'm 5'4", weighing in at 214 lbs. I've installed the My Fitness Pal app on my phone to help keep track of what I'm eating, and I'm looking to develop an exercising routine on a very tight budget (I'm an extremely broke student).

I have twin 8 month olds, boys, and I want to be able to run around (and after!) them.

I haven't lost a single pound since I started this morning, but I already feel new. I've drank 2 cups of water already at 11:30 in the morning, and while that may not seem like much, it is for me; I hate plain water. But I'm doing it!

Replies

• babel95
    babel95 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Believe me, changes happen before you know it :) Good luck!
  • Daneelbel_Lee
    Options
    Thanks!
  • Esther50
    Options
    Stick with the water, eventually you will kind of crave it.
    Welcome and good luck. Lots of people here to help and support you.
  • leska1216
    Options
    A broke college student that can't afford much? yes, I've been there, too, with a child. I took advantage of my school's gym and equipment, pool, etc. Our campus was absolutely gorgeous and my daughter and I walked everywhere, you could walk with your boys in a stroller. Walking is the cheapest exercise -- you can do it anywhere, and best of all it's FREE. But do take advantage of what your school has to offer. i loved the weight room and the pool. When making my schedule, I would schedule 2 hr study blocks in order to have some time for me to exercise, study, just sit and do nothing, socialize, whatever, and then i could go home and not feel guilty taking time away from my daughter so I could study. Mind you, she was a cuddler and always wanted to be read to, so my daughter grew up on bedtime storeies of geography, economics, political science, etc.