Meeting Daily Goals

Options
I have been using MFP for over one month and I like it. I often eat several meals with 200 or 300 fewer calories than my plan recommends and then eat a meal that is significantly above my calorie goal. After reading several posts on the message board I am beginning to think I might be better off, i.e., more consistent with my weight loss, if I eat my full allowance. Any experience or opinions on this out there?

Replies

• IveLanded
    IveLanded Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I find it easier to stay on track when I stay pretty strict with my diet and I spread my calories out over the day rather than having one large meal.
  • tenaheff
    Options
    I think you need to figure out what works best for you. For many, starving during the day will make them more likely to overeat at night even given the balance they have left.

For me, I know my danger time is the evening. This is when my body wants food. I don't know why that is, but I really struggle at night. So, I always try to protect save calories for evening. I make sure I am not feeling extreme hunger during the day. I graze enough so that I am comfortable and try to eat a decent size meal at night plus an evening snack or two. It may not be ideal, but it IS what works for me.

Tena