What are you having for dinner

Options
I don't know what to make for dinner, INSPIRE ME!!!

Replies

• MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Not sure this will help you or not but we're having a partial leftover dinner tonight. Yesterday I made a New England Boiled Dinner using a Half Pork Shoulder/Picnic. Since we had my FIL over, DH asked me to cook extra veggies. But even after we all stuffed ourselves and I sent FIL home with a huge bowl of leftovers, we have about 4 cups of boiled cabbage, potatoes, turnip, carrots, squash and zucchini left. Our tradition is to eat these leftover veggies with sausages of some kind. Haven't decided for sure which kind I'll be getting but I think either Brats or a locally made hot Italian sausage.

Here are a couple other recipes I use in a pinch:

http://akitchenaddiction.blogspot.com/2012/04/stuffed-pepper-casserole.html

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/diner-meat-loaf-muffins-10000001160601/

Or if it's nice out, get some bone-in center cut pork chops, let them sit in your favorite marinade (I like McCormick's Carolina Country) for about a half hour, slap them on the grill and serve with your fave side dishes.

ETA: sorry, I didn't copy the 2nd link right - it's correct now
  • tinad120
    tinad120 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Baked fish with brown rice & asparagus.

I think it's more tasty than it seems to be spelled out...
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Tonight is pizza night and tomorrow night is a sad attempt at sheperds pie (long story but delish). Im leaving for vacation on Thursday and dont want to grocery shop so its kinda cheating cooking-wise.
  • blissfulself
    blissfulself Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking about that! Probably a stir-fry type thing with red potatoes, onions, peppers, mushroom, spinach, garlic and some other veggies.
  • Annabel89
    Annabel89 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    We're having King Prawn curry with roasted courgettes (zucchini), rice and poppadoms. Yum.
  • ms_leanne
    Options
    Baked sweet potato with low fat soft cheese and a medley of herbed vegetables.
  • mizfrankie
    Options
    Rice with Yellow pepper, red onion, green onion, lime juice, cayenne pepper, paprika and cumin with tuna on the side that has green onion in it as well. Probably later I'll have some porridge with almond milk as a snack :)
  • IronTitaness
    Options
    Grilled steak with green peas and leafy greens.
  • jennifermaffei17
    Options
    Something with hamburger meat, maybe some pasta with meat balls?
  • blissfulself
    blissfulself Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Baked sweet potato with low fat soft cheese and a medley of herbed vegetables.

^^ sounds good- i think i'll do that tomorrow!
  • davidr730
    davidr730 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Sweet Bourbon Salmon and brown rice with green beans. Super easy to make and sooo good.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    FFY.
    Fend For Yourself

Nothing inspirational here.
  • ShellyKay67
    ShellyKay67 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Burritos!!!
    Ground turkey, browned and taco seasoning mix added (i used about 1/3 of a packet of mild & a few shakes of the hot)
    Drain and rinse a can of black beans.
    Add to cooked ground turkey.
    I use the low carb, high fiber tortilla wraps.
    I usually add:
    Sour Cream
    Cheese
    Tomatoes
    Lettuce or Baby Spinach leaves
    Black Olives
    Jalapenos
    You can add what YOU like and leave out what you don't!!!!!!
    Usually runs about 350-400 calories for 2 BIG burritos!!!!!
    DELICIOUS!! And usually have enough left over for another 3 meals at least!
  • davidr730
    davidr730 Posts: 126 Member
    Options

You obviously never had Sweet Bourbon Salmon. :)
  • K_Train450
    K_Train450 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I'm making a Brown Rice casserole with bacon, chicken, and light mozerella cheese!
  • Stefanny91
    Stefanny91 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Ahhh I'm really hungry now!!! :P I wish I had some sweet potatoes I love the idea of baked sweet potato ( but the BF hates them!!)

Plus we are poor hahah will have to make do with some sort of soup ( I love soup :p)
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options

You obviously never had Sweet Bourbon Salmon. :)

I meant nothing inspiring here at MY HOUSE... I was already thinking I want to come to your house for dinner!!

(It would be rude of me to say that about everyone's suggestions)
  • ashmitatua
    ashmitatua Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Try this website. It is my absolute favorite : http://www.skinnytaste.com/
  • seashman
    Options
    Dorm food! Specifically, beef and broccoli, brown rice, and maybe a crab rangoon or two...that's probably not so much inspirational as much as something to make you feel better about whatever you come up with. ;)
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    Not sure yet.

I'm giving my leftover pizza to my hubby. I think I may make some Bob's Red Mill high fiber cereal with cashew butter and honey...maybe some cottage cheese or yogurt with it....

Or a cold cut sandwich. I dunno...Pretty boring night LoL