Graduated Early!

Options
So a couple of weeks ago I started on the C25K program. I have attempted this program in the past, and have never completed it. Well last night i was supposed to run Week 8 Day 2, which is 28 minutes straight or jogging. At minute 24 of my run i was given the one minute left prompt, and looked in horror to see i was running Week 8 Day 1 again, which is 25 minutes straight then a five minute cool down. At this point i decided i was gonna go for it. When the program said to cool down i kept on going. I made it!

I was swimming in my own sweat but it felt phenominal. I have tried multiple times to do the program but I have always fizzled out. SOOOO Pumped! I have lost 13 lbs in the process, which puts me at 207!

I was so pumped with this news that I signed up for my first 5k, which will be the Turkey Trot in Erie.

To anyone out there stuggling, I promise it gets easier, and who knows, you might find that you actually enjoy running in the end. I know i do, and i never thought id say that

Cheers :drinker:

Replies

• dencher
    dencher Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy for you. I've tried c25k 4 or 5 times already and always give up somewhere around week 4. I know the struggle you must have had to keep going but YAY for you that you did it! Keep it up....it can only get easier. Good Luck on the Turkey Trot!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!