Bladder control -- post baby

Options
We all read about the stretch marks and sleepless nights but no one told me about the bladder control issues that can happen post baby. I know there are some exercises that can be done to help strengthen muscles etc... I am looking for a link that will help me learn how to do them ( something more then keigels).

I know this is an embarassing topic... But having to wear a diaper to work out is even worse....

Replies

• PhotogNerd
    PhotogNerd Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure there is anything more than kegels aka pelvic floor exercises.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/kegel-exercises/WO00119

This might be helpful. Google is your best friend.

I had major bladder control issues after my third child. These "exercises" do work and help some.
  • TheArmadillo
    TheArmadillo Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Best thing you can do is talk to your doctor. There are machine things that can help you with the exercises or physio or if the problem is bad enough there are operations.

Also when it comes to doing kegels or pelvic floor exercises you need to know how to do them properly. see http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/womenshealth/sui/pelvicfloor_005167.htm for a quick guide.
  • patmegkaren
    patmegkaren Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    OMG, this is so true. I was afraid to admit it but I won't even go to a gym because any heavy cardio, especially jumping jacks for some reason and I leak. It is embarassing not to mention uncomfortable. I did try those light pads while working out, they help a little but no, I really don't think there is a cure. My doc said to just do the keigels and if it is really bad, I guess there is some type of surgery. All I know, is it was kinda bad after my son, almost 9 years ago and after my daughter, who just turned four, it is bad and has not gotten too much better. I think this is common and seems to get worse after each pregnancy but I feel your pain. Doesn't it stink being a woman sometimes? Not only do we have to carry them and give birth but then we have to deal with these issues. Nice to know I'm not the only one.