GROCERY LIST HELP!!

Options
So I am doing my grocery shopping tomorrow. I need some ideas on good things to buy. I have ordered my p2 and walden farms calorie free syrup so those two items i will have. I also have a new thing of jillian michaels whey protein as well. I just need some food ideas!!!!!!!!

Replies

• possibri
    possibri Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Onions (green and red)
    Red/Yellow bell peppers
    Lettuce (either romaine, or a spring mix that has spinach)
    edemame (I'd get the pre-shelled, frozen kind, super easy to prepare and you can add it to pretty much any meal)
    green beans (fresh or frozen, not canned)
    hummus (I recommend Trader Joe's original if you can get it)
    snappea crisps
    quinoa pasta (for those times when you're dying for pasta but don't want the stuff made with refined flour, and it's healthier than the wheat flour)
    ground flax meal (to add to protein shakes, and can also be used as an egg substitute in recipes)
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    I love Dannon Light & Fit greek yogurt...it's 80 cals and 12 grams of protein.
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    baby carrots
    fish - salmon, tilapia, flounder
    boneless, skinless chicken breast
    raspberries
    blueberries
    strawberries
    bananas
    broccoli
    wheat bread
    all natural peanut butter
    skim milk (i also do some special K cereal)
    hard boiled eggs!
    Dannon Light & Fit yogurt. The 6oz 80 calorie kind! (not the greek yogurt one but i'm sure that's great too!)

These are a few of my favorite things!
  • isabellekitty
    isabellekitty Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I love broccoli slaw. I tried it on a whim and it is just delicious with a little Asian sesame dressing and diced chicken breast.
  • alsunrise
    alsunrise Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    is the Walden Farms stuff actually good? It puzzles me how all that stuff is calorie free....
  • lisamarie2181
    lisamarie2181 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    So I am doing my grocery shopping tomorrow. I need some ideas on good things to buy. I have ordered my p2 and walden farms calorie free syrup so those two items i will have. I also have a new thing of jillian michaels whey protein as well. I just need some food ideas!!!!!!!!

Do you like to cook? I can give you a bunch if you do!!
  • tingle2
    tingle2 Posts: 28 Member
    Options

YES! let's hear them :)
  • lisamarie2181
    Options

YES! let's hear them :)

I find alot of my recipes on skinnytaste.com and they are phenomenal! I have not found one recipe I haven't liked and I have been able to tweak them to suit my eating habits. I eat a very whole food/very minimally processed diet, so I try and find most recipes with the healthiest ingredients possible.

Chili's and soups (especially since fall is upon us) are definitely staples for me! I can add sooooo many veggies and get so much nutrition, and it barely has any calories! Same as the chili, another way to get a bunch of veggies in!

Some of the recipes I love on there -

kalyn's cabbage casserole
    Mustard Lime Chicken
    Homemade buttermilk ranch (1/4 cup for 50 cals, can't beat that!!!)
    Eggplant Lasagna
    Cilantro Lime Rice

I can keep going and going, but check it out for yourself. I have PCOS so eat low carb, and for the moment have cut of grains, so I definitely do some tweaking, but if you are not restricted with certain foods, you have a huge recipe collection at your fingertips. And what is nice about the site, is she has pictures for EVERY DISH and some have pictures with step by step instructions.

I tend to only shop the perimeter of the store, and only go into the aisles mostly for canned tomatoes or veggies if needed, and frozen for veggies! She also has quite a few crock pot recipes which as anyone that uses a crock knows, could definitely be a lifesaver!!

She also has so much variety - mexican, italian, comfort foods, low carb, low cal, you name it!

I can't praise this site enough, I have never even seen a bad comment on a recipe, that is how good these are!

I feel that unless you are going to be eating very basic like grilled chicken, straight veggies out of the can or bag, your grocery list should be easy. If you are a lover of cooking and like trying new recipes, always best to pick which recipes you want to try this week, make a list of all the ingredients and look through your pantry and fridge to make sure you don't already have some of the ingredients and know which ones you need to buy. I have found this makes me less clueless at the grocery store.

There are so many times I have stood like a dummy in the meat section trying to figure out what I am going to make, sometimes it is just soo much better to pre plan what you would like to make so you know exactly what to get and not have to run out to the grocery multiple times because you forgot it :)

Let me know what you guys think of the site. And if you would like some other recipe ideas, friend me and I would love to help :)

Let me know if you check it out and what you think of it. This woman got me into loving to cook, i used to be nervous experimenting with recipes I have never made, but not anymore. She has opened me up to so many new healthy recipes, don't know how I got along with out her! lol
  • NoahandPresleysMom
    Options

Yes!!!!!!!!!
  • Cds309
    Cds309 Posts: 12 Member
    Options

Love your ticker!!! :-)
  • NoahandPresleysMom
    Options
    is the Walden Farms stuff actually good? It puzzles me how all that stuff is calorie free....
    only the pancake syrup, the restis crap. It's calorie free bc it's made from chemicals
  • lisamarie2181
    Options

Yes!!!!!!!!!

Check out my message above, you might have posted before seeing it. Check out the site and friend me if you want some others, could help you with ones more specific to foods you like :)
  • SyStEmPhReAk
    SyStEmPhReAk Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    baby carrots
    fish - salmon, tilapia, flounder
    boneless, skinless chicken breast
    raspberries
    blueberries
    strawberries
    bananas
    broccoli
    wheat bread
    all natural peanut butter
    skim milk (i also do some special K cereal)
    hard boiled eggs!
    Dannon Light & Fit yogurt. The 6oz 80 calorie kind! (not the greek yogurt one but i'm sure that's great too!)

These are a few of my favorite things!

Yes, yes and yes. I would also add 99% fat free ground chicken breast to that. I do a taco mix with a low calorie/low carb tortilla EVERY Tuesday (Taco Tuesday :love: ).

Also, if you eat it, I do a lean pork loin as part of a stir fry. Packs in the protein and helps me hit my fat grams for my macros. Also do this once a week.
  • Culley34
    Options
    I'm a huge fan of chobani and Fage Greek yogurts. Usually one brand of the Greek yogurts is on sale -- that stuff is naturally much healthier for you.

I also get skinless chicken breasts for the grill.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Plan your meals and snacks first, then make a shopping list. It's much cheaper this way.
  • AScarbrough19
    AScarbrough19 Posts: 125 Member
    Options

Love this!
  • simplydelish2
    simplydelish2 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    fruits and veggies - lots!
    lean protein

skip the processed foods...to eat clean you need to buy clean....
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    - shirataki noodles
    - tofu
    - fresh fruits (apples, oranges, whatever is on sale)
    - fresh veggies (ex. broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini)
    - spices (IDK what you have, but garlic salt/powder and onion salt/powder are staples for me. cayenne is a good one too)
    - soya sauce (to go with shirataki noodles and tofu!)
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    The Eggo sugar free syrup is pretty tasty and low in calories....it has zero sugar, which equals 0 carbs.....