What the Forums Have Taught Me Today...

Options

Replies

• sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    That it's totally ok to ignore your wild kids in a restaurant as long as your are talking about and judging the overweight family sitting next to you.

Some one really did that? I want to read this article, I could use a laugh at work!

The funny thing is, she only mentioned that her kids were being loud. You're just assuming that she was ignoring her kids. I'm tempted to ask what reason you're doing that, but I'll just go ahead and call you a hypocrite for judging her like that.

Sorry for changing the subject. Back to the tread.

How were they tending to them/not ignoring them when she and her husband "couldn't take their eyes off the fatties"? Oh plus she openly admits to despising her kids even a good day. I doubt she was oogling over them.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Adding "bless his/her heart" before an inflammatory statement is not proper lube IRL...just FYI

No but it is proper etiquette when talking trash about people.... in the South. :wink:
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Never admit that you don't eat back your exercise calories!
    Also, everyone thinks they're all knowing when it comes to weight loss.
    Oh, and - STARVATION MODE! (this is completely misunderstood by most yet they'll shout their misinformation from the rooftops!).

Don't admit that you do either... or that you count cleaning as exercise (because your activity level is set to sedintary).
  • wildside79
    Options
    how quickly butthurt can move from one thread to the other when the original is closed down.
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    The world is full of douche bags and they seem to have access to the internet. And opinions.
  • Zylahe
    Zylahe Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I learned that I'm clearly not eating enough at a buffet....

Rofl

Ooooh my abs, i already did my planks for today. Stop making me laugh.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    If you and I disagree, then I'm right.

If I don't get the answer I want, then I'll ask the question again in 10 minutes in a new post.

If I post a question and don't get a response in 30 seconds or less, I'll bump my own post while commenting "Hello?" or "Anybody out there? I REALLY need help with this"

If you add "Please Read" to a Topic title, people will.
  • HarleyQuinn_12
    HarleyQuinn_12 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    People will post to have their age guessed and then get offended when the guess is 5+ years over their actual age.
  • Moofey2
    Moofey2 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    LOL!
  • rchupka87
    rchupka87 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    That posting pictures of yourself in your underware and/or bathing suit is acceptable, as long as you are already fit. If you are still overweight, the moderators will remove your picture and tell you it's obscene/ not family friendly.

TRUE story.

Fixed it for you. The friends of mine that has gotten their pics removed are far from overweight (love you jules)

Thanks - but it wasn't broken, and didn't need your fixing. I was posting about myself, and the pictures I have posted before. I have PLENTY of friends that have pictures of them in underware/bathing suits. But when I posted a pic of me in my bathing suit - a two piece - I received an email from a moderator telling me what I had posted was obscene, and I had to take it down.

TRUE. STORY.

Now, I don't know how "far from overweight" Jules is, or what pictures were removed, but I'm telling what *I* have learned today. Post your own lesson, and get off of mine.
  • polarsjewel
    polarsjewel Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    I learned that I'm clearly not eating enough at a buffet....

OMG This! I must practice moar!!!
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    That people are silly enough to ask what counts as water. Um....last time I checked two hydrogen + one oxygen = Water. Add to that and it isn't water any more outside of whatever trace minerals you'll find in water anyway.

err, are you trying to imply that tea or coffee or crystal light changes the molecular makeup of water into some other ...thing? Because..... because..... I....

Never mind. I'm just gonna walk away.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Ok, I just saw her start a new thread. She's a troll. I'll just ignore her now.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    That posting pictures of yourself in your underware and/or bathing suit is acceptable, as long as you are already fit. If you are still overweight, the moderators will remove your picture and tell you it's obscene/ not family friendly.

FALSE story.

Fixed it for you. The friends of mine that has gotten their pics removed are far from overweight (love you jules)

Thanks - but it wasn't broken, and didn't need your fixing. I was posting about myself, and the pictures I have posted before. I have PLENTY of friends that have pictures of them in underware/bathing suits. But when I posted a pic of me in my bathing suit - a two piece - I received an email from a moderator telling me what I had posted was obscene, and I had to take it down.

FALSE. STORY.

But I am happy for your friend Jules. I guess I'm the only one that is obscene in a bathing suit. Thank YOU for pointing that out to me.

Another thing the forums have taught me is that the mods are clearly always wrong. ALWAYS

I have received emails from the mods too (obviously not for the same reason) but like an adult I didn't blamed it on others and owned up to it. Just because your pic got taken down doesn't mean mods have it out for overweight folks. Just something to think about

You're welcome
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    A former model and a former hand model are two different things.....If you were a hand model you were not a model........hand models can have busted faces.....models can't.

Can the models have busted hands though?

That's a great question. I would venture to say yes. Most people aren't looking at the hands anyway.
  • oneworkoutatatime
    Options
    Anonymity+hunger=dangerous.

nice!
  • oneworkoutatatime
    Options

Angry + hungry = HANGRY

il_fullxfull279321995-1.jpg

good to know..I've learnred something today
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options

TRUE story.

TRUE. STORY.

Now, I don't know how "far from overweight" Jules is, or what pictures were removed, but I'm telling what *I* have learned today. Post your own lesson, and get off of mine.

If they "asked" you to remove it, it might not have been from a real moderator. There's been some bogus messages floating around from phony mods telling women to change their profile pics.

Real mods just delete offensive photos.
  • GoldenGirl1979
    GoldenGirl1979 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    also, people get butt hurt on the internet way too easily.

idk why the phrase 'butt hurt' makes me giggle, but it does!! :laugh: :laugh: i have YET to use it in everyday convo, but i'm working on it
  • rchupka87
    rchupka87 Posts: 543 Member
    Options

TRUE story.

TRUE. STORY.

But I am happy for your friend Jules. I guess I'm the only one that is obscene in a bathing suit. Thank YOU for pointing that out to me.

Another thing the forums have taught me is that the mods are clearly always wrong. ALWAYS

I have received emails from the mods too (obviously not for the same reason) but like an adult, I didn't blamed it on others and owned up to it. Just because your pic got taken down doesn't mean mods have it out for overweight folks. Just something to think about

You're welcome

My point was - if bathing suits are "obscene", then they should be considered "obescene" for EVERY MEMBER OF THIS SITE. I never said I blamed others, I don't complain about the emails I get from the Mods lashing me for using every foul word my mind can come up with - which I have gotten plenty of. But, I appreciate you calling yourself and adult, and calling me a child.

And Thank you. For being a %&$!@#^ Troll.