Have to get through this ...

Options
Okay guys, I might need some help.

I started MFP 95 days ago. For the first 70 something days, I was pretty awesome at it! Got into a great routine of working out 4-5 days a week, making some great choices with food, and even feeling really great about myself. For the first time, I was seeing pictures of myself and actually NOT hitting the delete button right away (and this is a huge milestone for me! Even though it's selfish, it's the truth).

Then, I don't know what happened. All of a sudden, it's like I don't care anymore. BUT I do!! I haven't been working out. I haven't been making good choices with food - as a matter of fact, I've been HORRIBLE with food. Disgusting. And I feel gross! I feel lazy, unmotivated ... fat.

This is NOT where I wanted to be at this point. I had 4 pounds to go before I hit my big goal ... that's it. I was soooo close!! And since then, I've gained at least 3 back, and I can't seem to get my butt in gear.

Anyone have any tips or advice to help me get out of this rutt? You can yell at me ... I might cry, but I need to hear it :)

Replies

• spikefoot
    Options
    It is your choice to do it and while words are certainly inspiring you need to just suck it up and do it..If you want it of course. ;)
  • jensweighingin
    jensweighingin Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Could it be that there's a lot of self-sabatoge because the goal is close, because failure to meet the goal is worse than meeting it? You've done a great job and you should be proud of yourself! You have the tools, you need to get back out there and do it. I'm going to friend you and encourage you. And I'm jealous. But I've been there, 5 pounds from goal, and put it all back on and then some, so I'm hoping you can get back on the horse and you'll help me!
  • bpwparents
    bpwparents Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I was good also for the 1st 2 months or so. Then I couldn't get myself up in the morning to keep up the exercise. I was beating myself up for it, like you are. All I can say is keep control of the food. If you have to, give yourself one cheat meal a week. Maybe you were being too hard on yourself, having it too hard to keep it as a lifestyle change. I've stopped beating myself up for not making it to the gym as much as I want, but praise myself when I do. I look at it as an added bonus now. Just get your eating back under control and don't let yourself get hungry because that's when you'll reach for the quick fixes that don't stay with you! Oh, and open up your food diary so we can give you some CONSTRUCTIVE criticism or suggestions.
  • wakie27
    Options
    Thank you for the quick responses.

It's nice to see that some people have gone through the same thing.

I just opened up my diary (sorry, I think that it was already open). I haven't logged in a while though, because my eating has just been terrible. I told myself that today I am going to log, no matter how horrible it is.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,031 Member
    Options
    I'm going to PM you the quote......

• klkutz1405
    klkutz1405 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm in a very similar boat that you are, wakie27. I only joined about 2 1/2 months ago and started out great. Lost 15 pounds within the first 3-4 weeks. However, in the last couple of weeks I've gained back several pounds. I've been making bad food choices as well. I'm not sure what the answer is, but I think your idea of logging your food no matter what is a great start. For me, exercise has to be fun or I won't do it. I belong to the local YMCA and have been taking some classes I enjoy. Maybe if you can find a class you like and especially an instructor you like you'll get motivated again. I'm going to start trying harder and hope you do too. Good luck to us! :smile: