So much for today

Options
amymeenieminymo
amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
I was already struggling with going to the gym today, but now it's looking like that AND eating fairly healthy are out. We've got winds at about 60mph and snow coming tonight and my boyfriend called and said the power is out. He doesn't plan on staying there long since the temp has already dropped to 64 degrees. We got a garage door opener a few months ago but hadn't gotten around to putting in a side door yet, so his car his stuck in there and he has to go to work later tonight (snow removal).

So he's either going to break a window and get in, or if the window is too small I'm going to have to drive him to work to get a work truck and then he's staying at his parents house. I don't feel comfortable staying with his parents by myself (I love them, just not enough to feel comfy there without him) so I'm either going to my dad's or my brother's and we can't even be together tonight.

I'm also going to have to pick up dinner somewhere since I can't cook at home and if I have to drive him to work that will take up even more time. Ugh, I so don't want to deal with this tonight! :grumble:

Replies

• 34at35
    34at35 Posts: 318
    Options
    All electric garage door openers have a "power out" release that enables you to disconnect the door from the track lift mechanism so you can lift the garage door by hand to get the car out of the garage even if the power is out. If you can get into the garage you can get the car out.
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    All electric garage door openers have a "power out" release that enables you to disconnect the door from the track lift mechanism so you can lift the garage door by hand to get the car out of the garage even if the power is out. If you can get into the garage you can get the car out.

That's the problem, our garage doesn't have a side door, so we can't get in. He's going to try to break a window but I don't even know if any of the windows are big enough to crawl through.
  • jrbowers83
    jrbowers83 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear about your bad day. Some days you just want to go back to bed and pretend it never happened. But don't throw in the towel on everything. Just because you can't go to the gym doesn't mean you can't get some exercise indoors. Put on some Christmas music and dance, do some aerobics to some upbeat music, whatever makes you feel good. So it may not be as intense as what you'd do at the gym, but maybe it can shake you out of the funk. As far as getting fast food, try to find something a little healthier-Burger King now has 500 cal or less meals (check the website), get some grilled chicken at KFC, have 1 taco and a side of beans from Taco Bell, etc.

I hope your day gets better. And if all else fails, just know you can always do better tomorrow.