Do you track your water and why?

Options
2»

Replies

• opuntia
    opuntia Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I track my water - but I prefer to track it on a phone app than here. The reason I track water is because if I drink more water, I feel better in myself, but it's very easy for me to focus on other things and completely forget to drink. So I track water to remind myself. And also because I like seeing a little graph of my daily water intake.
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Yes. I tend to not drink enough water for my high protein, high fiber diet. Also, I lift heavy and the toxin buildup in the form of muscle soreness is eased by sufficient water water consumption.

Especially if you are trying to lose weight, the body needs additional water to activate fat burning. There has been a lot scientific research on this, and those who drink 8-10 cups of water a day lose more than those who drink fewer than 7 cups a day.
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    i always put mine at 8 glasses for the day but i actually drink about 200 oz each day

^THIS.
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I track because I generally don't drink enough, this reminds me to.
  • tenaheff
    Options
    I do not track my water. I don't drink nearly as much as everyone says you should. I never have and never will. I take a diuretic for my BP. I already pee constantly. My urine is always light in color so I know I am not dehydrated.
  • BRANDYGR8MOVES
    BRANDYGR8MOVES Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    i do because i slack on drinking it and i end up feeling it
  • seashman
    Options
    I don't because I have a sort of embarrassing thing where I only will drink large quantities of water when it's SmartWater. I get the big 1.5L bottles and drink about 2/day, so I always know how much I've drank without having to really track it.
  • Kikilicious84
    Options
    I drink way more than 8 glass so I count mine by liters. So you may see 2 or 4 under the water section of my logs but that's b/c I'm not about to click 20 cups of water... lol I drink out of bottles..not cups.