Is my week still salvagable?!?

Options
2»

Replies

• leafstucker16
    leafstucker16 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Your week is definitely still salvagable, just do your best the rest of the week to keep on track with logging, exercise when you can. Try not to look as it as "Is it still salvagable" either as sometimes that can be used to get off track even more if you think your week is already done with. You can do this!!
  • nadinab
    nadinab Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Your week is totally going to be okay! You just need to stick with your normal diet and try to exercises as much as possible. Never let a bad day bring you down. We are only humans and we sometimes just need a break! Don't do any crazy calorie cutting throughout the week, just do your normal "thing". You totally got this! :)
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Punishing yourself isn't productive. It feeds that whole "Food = bad = punishment" paradigm that leads to another binge eventually.
    You got back on track, so you're good. :wink:
  • Nicoleholmes2
    Nicoleholmes2 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I am so glad to see this post! I had a great holiday weekend, but horrible calorie intake! The advice given has helped me too. Thanks for posting! :)
  • crimsoncat
    crimsoncat Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Simple. Get back on track starting right now. You may or may not lose weight this week. That's irrelevant. What really matters is whether you create lifelong good habits.

This.

Don't worry so much.
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    Your week is totally salvageable as a diet break. They're good for you, make the week a healthy maintenance week and go back to losing next week.

Or just pretend like the weekend didn't happen. Cortisol (from stress) does you no favors, so just chill out. Can't change the past, so just keep going and try to behave next weekend
  • Dunkirk
    Dunkirk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Those calories tasted awesome and you enjoyed them and had fun. An ocassional event and celebration is good for you. And "Each day is fresh, with no mistakes in it".
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    No way you can exercise away too many calories. I learned this the hard way for 15 years.

-- > http://www.venusindex.com/ten-thousand-ways-that-wont-work/

My story here- - -> http://www.venusindex.com/roberta-saums-venus-index-transformation/

If you want to learn the real truth about MINDLESS EATING, DIETS, CALORIES, CALORIE PORTIONS and CALORIES BURNED invest in this. I GAIN NOTHING BY IT, but I am passionate about other people finding the same success I did and learning all the myths floating about in the diet industry that is designed to keep getting your money over and over.

--- > http://products.venusindex.com/product-catalog/books/anything-goes-diet/

(This is NOT about eating junk food! It's about learning to eat for you own lifestyle, vegan, organic, whatever)
    Oh yeah and you can do this WITHOUT a personal trainer or coaching. Read the book, it explains the answers, done. Then just do it. Of course the superior designed workout helps as well.

Most of us are on MFP.

I get no financial gain by any of those links. I am simply passionate about getting the word out and helping people find the same success I did. I struggled for years with these same issues as an obese person.
    -Bobbie
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    I did something very close to this last week and didn't even try to "fix" it, I just got back on my normal routine and I ended up recording my lowest weight a couple days later. Dropped nearly 2 lbs. when I thought I was going to gain at least 4 LOL. So I wouldn't worry too much about it.
  • wannabeafitmum
    Options
    I too have had some terrible calorie intake days and have really felt bad later as I know the "damage" I have done to my body by endulging so much!!

Oh well tomorrow is always a new day!!
  • 79kimmy
    79kimmy Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I found this thread. I SO needed this tonight! I also had a bad weekend (and today). Tomorrow's a new day. I just need to get back on track!