can,t make up calories without overloading protein ??*

Options
hi isanyone else having difficulty staying within the guidelines of calories and protein? i``m trying tostay strue to wha my profile says i should eat but i``m under with my caloris but over in protein.......

does anyone have any ideas on what i can eat to up calories without upping my protein ? and what kind of weightloss should i be aiming for weekly?

confused............... :)

Replies

• YoungJr42
    YoungJr42 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Not sure what your profile says, but a rule of thumb is, you should eat the same amount of grams of protein of your target weight. So, if you're aiming at 125lbs, you should eat 125 grams of protein. So, your profile may say one thing, but eating more protein isn't really bad. That's why you can customize your profile. As far as your calories, as long as you didn't eat like half of what your profile calls for, you should be ok. As far as weight loss...healthy weight loss is 1 to 2lbs a week. Hope this helped a little. Good luck!
  • crazyjkgirl
    crazyjkgirl Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    If you are using MFP's standard goals than the protein numbers calculated are quite low. Going over in protein is mostly okay. It's only something to be conerned about when the protein numbers are extremely ove the set guidelines. Veggies and fruits would be an appropriate snack which contains little protein.

Also, healthy wight loss goals usually strive for about a pound a week loss. If you have a significantly amount of weight to loose, two pounds a week can also be strived for. If you are just starting yournew lifestyle, you might notice a large number of weight loss the first two weeks or so due to what I believe is the loss of water weight.