How much protein?

Options
So MFP is telling me i'm only suppossed to eat about 60g of protein and I just feel like that isn't enough for me? Because everywhere else I've read or have talked with have said I should be getting in around 100g. Any ideas?

Replies

• YoungJr42
    YoungJr42 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    The rule of thumb is, your grams of protein should match your target weight. So, if your target weight is 125lbs, you should be eating 125 grams of protein a day. Hope this helps! Good luck!
  • loren
    loren Posts: 111
    Options
    I just got a personal trainer and at first he told me to be taking in 100g of protein and 25g of fiber. You need to take 1/4 of your protein and use that number to determine your g in fiber. I couldn't do it. I felt like I was constantly shoving protein down my throat. I was so grossed out by all of it, I didn't diet for a week! He says if it's not psychologically good I won't stick with it so he told me to stick to 1200 and try to get in at least 70g.
  • ktrichards87
    Options
    The rule of thumb is, your grams of protein should match your target weight. So, if your target weight is 125lbs, you should be eating 125 grams of protein a day. Hope this helps! Good luck!
    See thats what I was wanting to aim for more, b/c having only 60g seemed way to low for me. So, I am going to aim for around 130g