Adding salt and pepper to food?? Tracking wise...

Options
Hi guys,

Sometimes I like to add salt and pepper to my foods...
Is there a way to track this, ie for sodium reasons... or, am I just going overboard here :)

Many thanks,
Nix

Replies

• jd5351
    jd5351 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    You can log it just like any other food. Just make sure you measure out what you're using.
  • txlissa62
    Options
    You're not going overboard. If you'd like to track your sodium, you can change your diary settings to include sodium, if it's not there already. Then just measure like you do anything else.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    You could weigh it out, but if you're talking about a little bit out of shaker, then you're being a bit obsessive imo
  • nixism
    nixism Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I do track my sodium, some days are certainly better than others.
    However I can seem to just find "plain salt" or "pepper" on MFP listings of food??
  • sunbeadmendain
    Options
    I never track any salt or spices i've added to food, it's only small amounts and the few calories from them won't make a difference imo
  • JetJaguar
    JetJaguar Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    I think what the OP is asking is, how do you actually go about entering them in your MFP diary. Try searching the food database for "salt" and it doesn't come up. It may not have calories, but for people tracking sodium intake it's important to log.

Search for "generic table salt" and you'll find it. Similarly, "generic black pepper" will get you pepper, though I don't bother tracking that one since it doesn't have any nutritional content.