What time do you get up to exercise?

Options

Replies

• TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    It depends on the weather. If it's super hot out like it was most of this summer, I'd get up at 5am to get that ride in while it was cooler out. Otherwise I wouldn't do it!
  • Rebekah718
    Rebekah718 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Exercise at 5:00 but only a little workout my main workout is in the afternoon and I go to bed usually 9:00 or at least try to
  • PaleoRDH
    Options
    Bed 8:30 or 9 ... up to exercise 5:00.......need to be done/showered/changed/hair/makeup by 6:30, wake up toddler and get him ready, out the door by 6:50, drop wee one off at daycare, drive to work.....i see my first patient at 7:30 (whew! all ready for a break!)
  • GwennyH
    GwennyH Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Weekdays: in bed by 9 p.m., awake before 5 a.m. to work-out before the kids wake up at 6:30.
    Weekends: in bed by 10 p.m., wake up by 6 a.m. to work out before the kids wake up....

And even on days that I tell myself I want to sleep in and relax, I can't help waking up like clockwork, but I don't mind so much.... It's the only part of my day that is MY time. :)
  • jeolds
    jeolds Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    4:30 am and usually before 10pm.

Same here. When my alarm goes off at 4:25 I wake up and take 5 min to get moving.

One I was ruined after the service and just get up early. My wife has a love/hate relationship with it. The hate is getting up early, the love is I usually have the kitchen cleaned up and coffee ready for her when she gets up. LOL

I figure if I get the my workout in first thing in the morning there are no excuses for missing it later in the data. When I travel it is is much easier to already be in the habit because the hotel gyms are packed by 6am and I am usually done by the time they start coming in.
  • tabbykat6802
    tabbykat6802 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    5am
  • fieldsy4life
    Options
    Alarm at 5:30. My gym is only 7 minutes away driveway-to-parking-space and there is never anyone on the road that early. I shoot for getting there at 6:00am.

Unfortunately I don't usually get to bed until 10:30pm/11:00pm. I'm usually pretty tired by about 2pm at work and definitely have 2-3 cups of Starbuck Keurig and 1 Red Bull. #notgood
  • dup32
    dup32 Posts: 68
    Options
    alarm 4:20... dressed and out the door by 4:45 to the Y. Bedtime is usually before 11:00.
    Sometimes if I am not able to sleep several days in a row I may go to bed by 8:00...
    Hubby snores, I really need to be asleep before him.
  • bahlquist
    Options
    up at 0400 bed at 2230
  • NicoleR1980
    NicoleR1980 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I get up at four am to work cardio for 75 minutes and i go to bed by nine the latest sometimes eight thirty
  • hteejay
    hteejay Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    530 am.. tues and thurs.. meet up w/ about 12 fellas to plays some hoops..

130 lunchtime work out.. usually hit weights at my job than!!
  • JSheehy1965
    Options
    5.30am to get to the gym for 6am for an hour. Usually in bed by 9.30 to try and get 8hrs sleep.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    5:45 am :)
  • ggcat
    ggcat Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Up by 3:30 in bed by 9:30

I have been known to fall asleep between 8-8:30.... :yawn:
  • Goofy076
    Goofy076 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I am down in bed bout 9 pm and up at 345 am to work out bout two hours 3 days a week yay!!
  • Fat2Fit4Life
    Fat2Fit4Life Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    5:15AM at the gym/pool by 5:45AM - Home by 7:30AM - Work by 9:00AM thru 11:00PM. Bed by 1AM. Awful, I know :wink:
  • UrbanWild
    Options
    5 am, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Having a dog makes it easy!
  • wendi105
    wendi105 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Wow, there are a LOT of early risers! I find it so hard to get up to exercise in the mornings so I usually do it in the evenings. But is it much easier to not do it later. If I did it in the morning, then no excuses!

How do you find the motivation to get up so early?
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I have tried to make myself get up to exercise in the morning but I just can't do it. I am not a morning person so getting up earlier than absolutely required does not work for me. I have to work out in the evening.

If you are not a morning person, and just can't get that in before work/school...don't force yourself. As long as you are getting it in, you should be fine!
  • bc0329
    Options
    usually make it to the gym around 11am and bed around 11:30 midnight or a little later, it depends on my schedule that day