Hello! I am new and need all the tough love I can get...

lahlie
lahlie Posts: 149 Member
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
Hi! My name is Lori Anne. I am 32, I am a mother to an 11 year old daughter and 2 year old twins. I have been battling with my weight since my oldest daughter was born, and with the birth of the twin, which I carried to 35 weeks and they both weighed in at aver 6lbs. It has been a long depressing struugle. I am pretty active with a local gym, and just finished a Biggest Loser contest through my gym. It was very frustrating. In those 12 weeks, I exercised 5-6 times a week for at least an hour and followed a very strict diet. I only lost 11 lbs and close to 2% body fat. Now, I know that you are gonna say, well, 11 pounds in 12 weeks isnt bad...and I kow it isnt, I just really thought with my regime I would be a lot more successful. So here I am, gonna try something new. I just don't know what. I am semi-following the Fat Smash Diet becasue it is easy for me and I don't feel constrained. My biggest challenege is eating out of boredom, emotions, etc. Anyway...here I am. I wold love to get active with this program. Anthing you can suggest iscertainly welcome!

Replies

• MadWorld
    MadWorld Posts: 200
    Hi. Okay-- let me get the tough love part out of the way first.

You are what you think. If you think you are a failure, you will be just that. To begin this journey thinking you are a failure, is a mistake. You have to be positive even when things get tough.

Alright-- got that over with. :) I'm glad you're here. I feel you and know how frustrating it is. But, trust me, you have to keep the faith that you can do it. Our minds can work against us. Don't let you get you.

P.S. Congrats on the weight you have already lost-- let that be your motivation! :)
  • lahlie
    lahlie Posts: 149 Member
    Thanks. You are totally right. I really do see myself as failing, just not succeeding at the pace I would like.....LOL! I really hope I can find some guidance here.....
  • by losing the weight at a slow and steady pace, it will be easier to keep off in the long run. the idea of this site, as far as i can see is to teach yourself how much to eat, when to eat it, and what you are eating. thats the only way to keep the weight off.
This discussion has been closed.