Can anyone help me work out my TDEE and BMR etc?

Options
I have read all the posts on this, and gone to the links to spreadsheets etc... but I am still really confused on how to work out this basic info... can anyone help me??

What info do you need to work this all out??

Many thanks in advance,
Nix

Replies

• geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Height
    Weight
    Body Fat %
  • nixism
    nixism Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Oh thank you, thank you... I'll post this in a mo...
  • nixism
    Options
    Height: 1m 56cm
    Weight: 71.5kg or 157pds
    Body Fat %: 32% *measured by my trainer at gym through this electronic machine thing I held?

Cardio exercise 4x a week for 60mins
    Weights exercise 3x a week for 30mins sessions
    Abs 5x a week 100 crunches of differing varieties

Hope that helps???
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    BMR about 1420, +/- 10%. TDEE without exercise 1700. 60 mins of cardio - depends how intense and how fit you are - another 400 cals perhaps making 2100 total TDEE inc exercise.
  • nixism
    Options
    So what exactly does that mean?? I have been allocated 1370 calories on her per day.
    Most days I earn between 200-600 cals for exercise.
    I never eat my exercise cals and very rarely will I go over my daily cals allowance (1370).

Am I on the right track??
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Your Basal Metabolic Rate is 1420. That's what your body would need to function optimally and feed organs during sleep or in a coma.

Your TDEE is how much total energy you expend the entire day including exercise to maintain weight. So, if you exercise between 3-5 days per week, your predicted TDEE is just over 2100 calories to maintain weight.

If you want to reduce body weight, you have to go below your maintenance range.

1370 calories on here is net calories. That is, total calories consumed minus exercise calories. So, 1370 is the difference remaining after including exercise. If you are getting a message that you have earned X calories from exercise, it means you are X number of calories below meeting your net goal amount of 1370 calories. To stay on the plan designed for you, that is to lose at the rate selected, you have to eat back those exercise calories.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    So what exactly does that mean?? I have been allocated 1370 calories on her per day.
    Most days I earn between 200-600 cals for exercise.
    I never eat my exercise cals and very rarely will I go over my daily cals allowance (1370).

Am I on the right track??
    Yes,

You're eating 1370 and using 1900 - 2300 so you have a fairly high calorie deficit. On the days you do 600 cals of exercise it would be worth eating a bit more to keep the deficit to 30% - another 200 or 300 perhaps.
  • nixism
    Options
    Ok guys, thanks very much - that is really helpful to me... much more easily understood now!! I was getting so confused!

Many thanks!!
  • Lazygal53
    Lazygal53 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I have read all the posts on this, and gone to the links to spreadsheets etc... but I am still really confused on how to work out this basic info... can anyone help me??

What info do you need to work this all out??

Many thanks in advance,
    Nix

Ditto here. Having a real hard time finding my daily calorie goals that work.

Here are my stats.

5' 6"
    CW 196
    TDEE 1824
    BMR 1520
    Daily Cals 1459 based on 20% goal (all from http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/)

MFP recommends 1340 net for a 500 deficit (pound a week)
    Usually work out cardio 4 days a week for 20 mins bout 160 - 185 cals depending.

Was told not to eat less than bmr 1520 so i'm set to 1500 net regardless. This is one of many tries to get to where i'm losing.
    Should I go back to the MFP recommended daily cal intake and try to exerzise up to the 1520? Or am I complety off the mark here?

Please, please help as i'm so frustrated right now.

Catherine