Please look at my diary

Options
Okay, I think I have hit a slump. I exercise almost everyday, try to eat the right foods.

I have only lost 11 pounds in 60 days. I have it set to lose 2 pounds per week, which I am okay if I don't lose 2 pounds per week. I would at least like to lose a pound a week.

Can someone look at my diary and tell me what if anything I am doing wrong.

Thank you in advance.

Replies

• kls13la
    kls13la Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    You are losing over a pound a week. (60 days / 7 days per week is 8 1/2 weeks. You have lost 11 pounds.) That's great progress. Why do you think you are doing something wrong?
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I don't know, it just seems like I am not losing as much as I should be. I see other people on here losing a lot more in a lot less time.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    11 lbs in 60 days sounds absolutely fine to me and does not indicate that you're doing anything "wrong". That said, a quick glance at your diary tells me you're under-eating most (or all?) days.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    I don't know, it just seems like I am not losing as much as I should be. I see other people on here losing a lot more in a lot less time.
    Try not to compare yourself to other people. Everyone loses at a different rate and there are plenty of people who are losing slower than you. Also, a lot of the ones who are losing more quickly may have a lot more to lose than you anyway, so they will lose it quicker.
  • bbydl64
    bbydl64 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    It looks like you are not eating enough to me also. Snack on healthy foods every 2 hours. Drink water.
  • FitSlimHappy
    Options
    Try not to compare yourself to other people. Everyone loses at a different rate and there are plenty of people who are losing slower than you. Also, a lot of the ones who are losing more quickly may have a lot more to lose than you anyway, so they will lose it quicker.

Couldn't agree more with this. You need to focus on yourself when it comes to losing and not be concerned with how much everyone else it losing as of course everyone is different! :)
    So far you've been doing amazing so I personally don't see any reason to be concerned, but! if you do feel like your getting into a rut, just try new foods/exercises and try to just jazz things up so things don't get boring for you! Best of luck! :)
  • wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    You are not eating enough almost every day and that alone will hinder weight loss. Here are some suggestions.... eat more, drink more water, fewer treats, get rid of your coke zero or at least cut back, and watch your light yogurt (how is it sweetened?).
  • ljc73
    ljc73 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    11 pounds in 60 days is great! You are losing more than a pound a week at that rate.

I have been averaging about 4 - 5 pounds a month and though frustrating at times, I know it's the healthy way to lose.
  • felicia_s
    Options
    In my opinion you are eating way too few calories. Also way too few grams of protein. You need to up your protein to probably 90 per day and that will up your calories as well. Working out every day like you day (you should really take one rest day per week), you would need to consume more than likely 1700 to 1800 calories per day.

Good luck!

Felicia
  • EvaB93
    EvaB93 Posts: 101
    Options

I noticed alot of people are doing it the Unhealthy way, like under 800 calories per day. Or they eat right and exercise WAY to much.
    I think your doing just fine, you should try to drink more water though !
  • OK_Girl
    OK_Girl Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Just a quick glance over the past few days- have you considered tracking how much sugar you are eating? Sugar and even diet coke, play havoc with your insulin levels. I didn't see any fruit on the days I checked. If I were to make any suggestion, I would eat a little more fruit with natural sugars, like apples and grapes- and less processed foods. I know they are high in fiber- but consider making that swap and leaning to wards more unprocessed foods. I know that preservatives and salt, and the more processed something is (cookies, bars, etc ) even granola bars- make me retain water. I hope that sounded supportive and not critical.
  • gaylynn35
    Options
    Thanks for all of the help. I will try to eat more. I drink at least 8 glasses of water a day, although I don't always log it.
  • Keiko385
    Keiko385 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I've been here almost 90 days and have only lost 16 lbs, slow and steady is what it is gonna be for me frustrating I know, but I will take it as I know it will stay off this way. Dont try to judge yourself by what others are doing, just make the choices that work for you and stick with them.
  • gaylynn35
    Options
    Just a quick glance over the past few days- have you considered tracking how much sugar you are eating? Sugar and even diet coke, play havoc with your insulin levels. I didn't see any fruit on the days I checked. If I were to make any suggestion, I would eat a little more fruit with natural sugars, like apples and grapes- and less processed foods. I know they are high in fiber- but consider making that swap and leaning to wards more unprocessed foods. I know that preservatives and salt, and the more processed something is (cookies, bars, etc ) even granola bars- make me retain water. I hope that sounded supportive and not critical.

Thank you, No it doesn't sound critical. I would not have asked for help if I didn't want to hear it.
  • gaylynn35
    Options

I have cut back on the fruit a bit. I will get some more the next time I go to the store. I did have cantaloupe today and yesterday.
    I also had grapes and apples last week. I will track the sugar instead of sodium, since I seem to be doing fine on sodium.

Thanks for your help.
  • Earthshine
    Earthshine Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I think you're doing great! 11 lbs. is nothing to sneeze at. I peeked at your diary, have you thought of cutting your carbs down? Not out, just down. Try snacking on protien only items, instead of things containing carbs. It may help.
  • waveindigo
    waveindigo Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you're doing okay, and given your height it doesn't look like you are under eating either, though some days you come in quite a bit lower than you could.
    Your protein levels are really low though, try adding in more lean protein and you might get a better result, and you'll loose at a better fat/muscle ration too
  • amnsetie
    amnsetie Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    You are set to 2lbs a week and still undereating that goal? I wouldn't.

and other peeps are not what to go by, some are doing it under a doctor, some have different starting weights, some are doing it in an unsustainable way.
    If you lose slowly you won't balloon when you try to go maintenance.
  • jlgregory13
    jlgregory13 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I was doing 1200 a day for 2 months and lost about the same amount as you. Just this week i upped my calorie intake to 1600 and am seeing amazing results. Maybe you should just put your settings at 1 lb a week instead and eat a few more calories a day.
  • Cerebrus189
    Cerebrus189 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Cut your carbs drastically, getting carbs from veggies and fruit (sparingly, like a serving of low-glycemic fruit once a day). Just my two cents on what has worked for me.