How do you determine your weight goal?

Options
13»

Replies

• crimsoncat
    crimsoncat Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I started with BMI because I didn't know where else to go at the time. I was never super fit, so I knew that when it said "overweight" for me it really was just fat and lack of moving. I recalled being 135 and I figured that was better than 150+ for me. After I got to 135 I kept losing weight and settled out at 125 all on my own. I've been trying to get to 120 because I like round numbers, but hey, if I don't make it I'm still happy. 25lbs is pretty darn good.
  • Share_h
    Options
    Alot of people think im crazy when i tell them..My weight loss goal is definately not even close to what it would be if I was anyone else. Im 218lbs now and i'd like to be around 180 ideally but i would be okay with being closer to 190 honestly. I just want to be under 200 and be healthier. For me, my health seems fine but my self esteem is what needs the kick when it comes to weight.
  • LuxHappens
    LuxHappens Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    DaisyDavis hit the nail on the head!
  • Aventuria
    Options
    I used the BMI as a start, nut honestly only because I need to have a goal and I don't know how I'll look then.
    My real goal is to get a healthy relation of body fat and muscles and to overall be lean but womanly.

And I'll see when that is later on my weight loss journey. :wink:
  • NelehY
    NelehY Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    My aim was the middle of the healthy category on the BMI charts. I think that's a pretty good place for most people to start.

Me too!
  • jessicataylor2
    Options
    My goal weight is the weight I used to be until my unhealthy eating and eating disorder killed my metabolism and after losing 10 lbs made me gain back 20. My body used to naturally be at 110, so I'm determined to get back to it. Hopefully I'll be comfortable with my body then. I'm only 5 lbs away from it and I'm nowhere near satisfied, but I never really have been so maybe it'll just kick in.
  • internationalmf
    Options
    Started with BMI- when I got down to the lower end of my bmi I found I was still carrying quite a bit of fat.
    Decided I need to build muscle PLUS get down to just under "healthy" because I have such a small frame. I'm looking now for a bmi of 18.