What's your Weight Loss Secret Weapon?

Options

Replies

• MStanford336
    MStanford336 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I remind myself, "Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels".
  • skinnygurl02
    skinnygurl02 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    portion control, I measure and weigh everything
  • cleefelty
    cleefelty Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My top weapon so far would have to be my food scale. I weigh EVERYTHING. It actually was quite liberating to measure out a serving size, accurately, and sit and mindlessly enjoy it! I've learned portions, so I'm not completely dependent on it anymore when I go out.

I also wear a pedometer. It is a subtle reminder to take those extra steps that can add up - taking the stairs, parking further away, etc.

Logging everything on MFP, *trying* to stay below the calories, but also watching that sugar and sodium intake have been helpful for me as well.
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    exercise!!!
  • anberlingasm
    Options
    Frozen yoghurt. I love ice cream so switching to fro yo still gives me a treat but with way less sugar.
  • naples89
    naples89 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Whenever i get hungry I drink a diet coke or a big water or something. If im still hungry 30 minutes later ill eat something. It really helps those occasional hunger pangs.
  • julimonster
    julimonster Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    PORTION CONTROL, cutting out sugar and refined foods when I can avoid them!
  • Nyxki
    Nyxki Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Walking. I went from being rather sedentary to walking whenever I can, for however long I can. I make time to do more vigorous exercise too, but I pace when I'm on the phone instead of sitting down, I only listen to my books on tape when I'm walking, so it makes me want to walk more so I can listen to more of the book, and if I want to watch TV or a movie, I only do it when I'm on the treadmill or I'm doing step aerobics.
    I set a step goal for every day. I vary, but generally I get 20,000-30,000 steps per day , averaging about 25,000 steps every day - which is about 12-13 miles.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    progress is my secret weapon. i say, why would i wanna mess up what i've done so far, and then keep going
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Hard work and dedication.

Never deprive yourself.
  • mariclemm
    Options
    I do the same thing at work with a lot of water and occasionally when I'm sick of water I've got a handful of Crystal Light packets that taste great and only amount to 10 calories.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    Sex. Lots and lots of sex.
  • nuttyfamily
    nuttyfamily Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Track, track, track faithfully....no matter if it is a good day or bad day.
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Specialty cheeses and my food scale.
  • DaisyHamilton
    DaisyHamilton Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Chewing gum keeps me from being hungry and snacking. I only like the minty kinds, though! Also, frozen bananas. I cut up a banana, place it in the freezer for ~45 minutes, and then melt a TBSP of natural peanut butter and pour it over the banana slices for a sweet treat. :) In fact, I had that banana-peanut butter last night, instead of a poptart (200 cals for a poptart? No thanks). Also, granola bars. They're sweet, but still 100 calories or less. Yum! Favorite!

Yoga also helps me keep my mind off of snacking. :)
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Workout...HARD....EVERY DAY six days/week, eat right, keep your eyes on the prize. If you screw up, don't let it stop you. Just get back on that horse and keep on goin'. Something I tell myself after a bad day, week, etc... EVERY step forward is a step in the right direction and EVERY step counts, even baby steps....so just keep putting one foot in front of the other.
  • jessicamarie81
    jessicamarie81 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Water! It curbs a lot of snacking if I'm constantly sipping, love to add some cucumber or citrus!
    Eat less, move more...staying busy keeps me less focused on food, that's why I hate to be bored!
  • JWmovin4ward
    JWmovin4ward Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    water, water & more water :smile:
  • Dafinek
    Options
    Farmer's cheese. One half inch thick slice keeps me full for about 4 hours.
  • schustc
    schustc Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Pb2.