insanity the asylum

Options
ok so i'm planning to do insanity the asylum... but i'm disappointed it's only a 30day program.

So once i finish with p90x/tf /run hybrid that I am on at the moment I will move to the aslyum (starting 22nd October). I plan on doing p90x/asylum/run hybrid, then asylum, but that still only get's me to xmas eve.

so should i put in another month of asylum to get me in peak form for my tough mudder (it's 19th jan 2013).

Thoughts?

I hope I made myself clear.

Replies

• mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I loved Asylum and it never bothered me to do it for only 30 days, then repeat again. I used it almost exclusively to run one of my half marathons after I'd had surgery, I did Asylum and ran only one day a week. I finished strong and was really pleased with the gains I made on the program. Asylum would be a great way to do a Tougher Mudder IMO.
  • mmk137
    mmk137 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reply.

Most people I have talked to have done it for 2 months. So I might extend my running days, to stretch it out over the xmas new year period.

I'm also glad you thought asylum would be good prep for a tm. When I saw it I'm like, that would be totally awesome for preparation of a tough mudder... well that was my thinking. I love insanity, and that helped me alot when I used it as a cross training tool for my half marathon preparation.