Low-cal, High-protein Food Search

Options
I'm 5' tall and about 90 lbs. I would like to gain weight in muscle, so I'm looking for some low-cal protein rich foods. I'm not too keen on adding powders to stuff or eating protein bars or shakes, though. Basically looking for foods that are naturally protein-rich and will not bust my daily calorie intake. Any suggestions?

Replies

• immarc
    Options
    skinless chicken breasts or breast tenderloins
  • steinbergshal
    Options
    Low fat beef or turkey jerky. Just make sure to keep an eye on the sodium.
  • racoon1
    Options
    I'm 5' tall and about 90 lbs. I would like to gain weight in muscle, so I'm looking for some low-cal protein rich foods. I'm not too keen on adding powders to stuff or eating protein bars or shakes, though. Basically looking for foods that are naturally protein-rich and will not bust my daily calorie intake. Any suggestions?

Hi, nothing wrong with uping the protien(not too much anyway) and sounds like you don't have to worry about losing any weight. Just be careful how much protien your consuming as females who consume too much can cause hormonal issues and possible cysts in ovaries. You may want to talk to your physician or a dietician to find out exactly how many grams your body can handle.

some of my favorite protien foods are chicken breast, tuna, salmon etc and yogurt and raw almonds
  • muimuimui
    Options
    lentils and chickpeas I find are awesome.
  • kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Prawns :) they are very low in cal n high in protein... or its shrimp.. depending where your from!?

Katherine
    -x-
  • kermiehiho
    kermiehiho Posts: 193 Member
    Options

Hi, nothing wrong with uping the protien(not too much anyway) and sounds like you don't have to worry about losing any weight. Just be careful how much protien your consuming as females who consume too much can cause hormonal issues and possible cysts in ovaries. You may want to talk to your physician or a dietician to find out exactly how many grams your body can handle.

some of my favorite protien foods are chicken breast, tuna, salmon etc and yogurt and raw almonds

Ah, haha, funny you should mention that. I did apparently have some kind of ovarian cyst, but the second ultrasound showed it had gone away. Maybe I do need a nutritionist...:frown: