Old sports injury inhibiting full extension of 1 arm

Options
What I am curious if anyone can help me is will this have much impact on my lifting. I cannot lock out my left arm due to an old injury. For example in 30DS when doing the squats and pushing weights above your head, should the arms be locked out or is that a no go. I have not lifted at all ever before so this is all new to me. Sorry if I have missed a previous post and this has been done before :flowerforyou:

Replies

• xLexa
    xLexa Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    anyone? :huh:
  • Shadowsan
    Shadowsan Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    You should never lock out your arm anyway - causes joint damage ;)

Just work with a weight that allows you to do your thing until you're more confident in your arm. :)
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    A chiropractor that specializes in ART and sports rehab. Get you fixed right up!
  • missy_1975
    missy_1975 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Emmett Technique

www.emmett-uk.com
  • xLexa
    xLexa Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Thanks folks :) Is an old injury that doesn't cause pain just less extension than my other arm. apparently a shortening of a tendon when I dislocated my elbow eeeeek 25 years ago... Time flies! I am not sure it will ever be 100% again but I will maybe seek an appointment with a doc and look into some of the things you have mentioned here.

Good to know I shouldn't lock out the arms too! thanks!
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    I agree, go see a chiropractor or a sports medicine doctor. I bet they can help you. Does this impact your daily life too? If so, its a win win