Chocoholic Needs Help!

Options
I am, by definition, addicted to chocolate. My husband and I are trying to lose weight and get into better shape (him because of his job, me because I am icky)....problem is, I crave chocolate. Especially when I "can't" have it. :sad:

So my question:

What are some healthier chocolate desserts out there that can curb that craving? I want to try healthier choices instead of trying to cut it altogether and end up binge eating an entire pan of brownies (like the other day).

Thanks for the help!

Replies

• Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Why don't you just have a single small chocolate bar or brownie per day, so you aren't cutting it out but are limiting portion size?
    I gave up on low calorie substitutes as they just aren't the same and often contain a lot more rubbish.
  • angiejo666
    Options
    I am not a fan of substitutes as I personally do not think they taste as good so I am left with same craving I started with. I just opt for portion control. I would rather have a fun size piece of candy every day and enjoy my little "treat" than hold back and over compensate when I can't stand the craving anymore. My body does not feel good when I eat too much of the bad stuff but a drip here and there feels fine and it's easy to stay within my allotted calories for the day.
    :happy:
  • skiboat1us
    skiboat1us Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I drink fat free hot chocolate.
  • hungergames324
    hungergames324 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I just ate a dark chocolate mouse pudding made by jello.. Very good!
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Try good quality dark chocolate in smaller quantities. A little goes a long way!
  • jbella99
    jbella99 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    LINDT 85% cocoa chocolate bar 1 serving is 3 squares
  • cygnetpro
    cygnetpro Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I can't say I'm a chocoholic, so maybe my advice wouldn't be helpful. I keep a few bars of high quality dark chocolate around. When I need something sweet, I break a piece off, and eat it slowly. For me, it pretty much solves my craving. I rarely overindulge in it, but I have friends who say they would have trouble stopping at one piece.
  • bikinibeliever
    bikinibeliever Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    There is dark chocolate in my diary today, many days. I love cook and serve chocolate pudding, too.

I buy the mini morsels and weigh them out. If I have room for the calories and want some chocolate, I eat it.

I find the smaller the piece that more I feel like I got.
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    LINDT 85% cocoa chocolate bar 1 serving is 3 squares

This is the best stuff. Really. Go buy some! I just eat one square at a time since I'm doing low carb, and it's more than enough for me :D
  • debjae
    debjae Posts: 242
    Options
    I am one of those "cant stop at one piece people" I have to go without:sad:
  • MrsLeyva11
    Options
    We get a bag of dark chocolate chips (like the Ghiradelli baking chips kind) and have a couple here and there when we want it. Just don't sit down with it! I always get 8 chips or so and put the bag back in the fridge!
  • GinaBeana1121
    GinaBeana1121 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Skinny cow makes the best candy bars! They sell a big box of it at Costco. They have chocolate caramels, a kitkat type one, and a peanut butter one. Mmmm
  • pamsherritt
    Options
    I love Chocolate!!!!! And that kills me everytime i try to lose weight. I started drinking a health shake that has 23 vits and minerals and 3 types of protein made by Visalus and am doing a 90 day challenge with Bodybyvi. Since then when I need a chocolate fix I use my shake mix (it is the shake mix that taste like cake mix) and turn it into a peanut butter cup or a chocolate covered cherry shake....this is so good! I am on facebook Pam Craig-Sherritt
  • cmacohio1975
    cmacohio1975 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    make a batch of pumpkin chocolate muffins. Super easy and low cal. Just take a devils food cake mix and mix it with a can of pumpkin puree (no need to add eggs, oil, or anything), mix well and bake.... mmmm yum!
  • suckerlove
    Options
    I eat weight watchers dark chocolate raspberry ice cream bars, they are only 85 cal and are delicious.
  • icyeyes317
    icyeyes317 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    You guys are awesome! Thank you so much for the ideas already. keep 'em comin! I am gonna tally them up and heed as much as I can from all of them.
  • thingal12
    thingal12 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Fiber One 90 calorie brownies! delish!
  • apprenticeanimal
    Options
    :flowerforyou: What mix do you recommend, and what size can of pumpkin?
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Build a little dark chocolate into your daily eating plan every day. Deprivations =/= compliance. Choose a moderate portion and enjoy!
  • apprenticeanimal
    Options
    I also recommend a small treat a day, or trying Edy's Chocolate no fat Yogurt, It's delcious and a real treat at the end of the day. Top it with some hot fudge low sugar and a few nuts whipped topping for under 200 calories.