What do you say to your EX, after you've met your goals?

mavrick7
mavrick7 Posts: 1,607 Member
Okay, so you've lost the weight and met your goal.

You've been in the gym, toning and chistling that body.

Got a new job, making more money.

You run into your ex, with your new SO. What do you say?

Replies

• 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    "Someone call 911!" when he passes out and hits his head?
  • Say "hi" and keep walking!
  • Ruthe8
    Ruthe8 Posts: 423 Member
    Lol what, I don't need to say anything to my ex. I don't care what he thinks. You need to move on.
  • iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    just live your life, do your best, and do it for you. if you run into an ex, be polite, keep it light and brief, and keep moving forward.
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    I smile and keep walking.... no words need to be exchanged.
    Success is the best revenge.
  • bikinibeliever
    bikinibeliever Posts: 832 Member
    Nothing. They are an ex for a reason. :smile:
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    I hug him, we chat for a bit and then probably go our separate ways. I'm friends with most of my exes.
  • sophie_wr
    sophie_wr Posts: 194 Member
    "Someone call 911!" when he passes out and hits his head?

Love this one !!!
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,689 Member
    So...want to get a drink later?

It'd been 4.5 years. We work in the same field, so peace had to be made sometime.

And I totally missed the "with your new SO" bit. Hasn't really happened.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Why say anything? Why let the person think that you've done all of this work to better yourself as a way to get back at them? If you did, that's pretty sad - you've given someone that much power over your life. And I imagine that the encounter wouldn't be all that satisfying in the end.

So, in short, screw 'em and move on. Don't give up your freedom to be yourself - it's your life and no one else's. Seize it.
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,296 Member

This exactly
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    I think Toby Keith said it best.
    "How do you like me now?"

~chuckles~

Honestly, no ex-husbands and only one ex-boyfriend I'd ever be likely to run in to and we're good friends.
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    In that situation I would feel rather sad for the things that had gone wrong between us. I'd say hello, and how are you, and if s/he hadn't met the new partner before I'd do a brief introduction, but with the body language indication that we're on a walk and want to get on with it.

Can't see why anyone needs score some sort of point with an ex. Do it for yourself, maybe?
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member

This exactly

Winner winner chicken dinner....

Watch him facepalm as he realizes he lost the sexiest thing ever...lol
  • FluffyToFab
    FluffyToFab Posts: 99 Member
    Don't ya wish your girlfriend was hot like me?!
  • MandaPaigeSparkles88
    MandaPaigeSparkles88 Posts: 1,289 Member
    What would I say to my ex, well I have thought this through. I am going to walk up to him look him straight in the eyes and say, this is what you could have had if you stuck around.Hope you enjoy the bag of a wife you have now!!
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Nothing, the best revenge is a life lived well.
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Nothing. My ex never cared about my weight in the first place.

Well, that's not true. He was fascinated, in a good way, by my squishy booty cheeks. Lol.
  • *if* he said anything to me instead of trying to hide in the nearest hole...
    I'd say hi and thankyou if he noted my weight loss. I've already seen him a few times after splitting and have lost 20-30 kg/ 44-66 lbs and he hasn't said anything.
    Secretly I'd be laughing my head off knowing he'd be hating me and seriously jealous. Jealous for himself (as he tries to lose weight in insane ways and it never works, he's just a pig) as he's heavier than when we were together and jealous that his new wife doesn't look half as hot as I do. I know he is very looks focused. He'd be hating me as I acheived something he always wanted me to, without him.
  • Radiskull
    Radiskull Posts: 70 Member
    You don't have to say a word....just make eye contact and keep on walking. :wink: