Snacks for work - Australian

Options
2»

Replies

• Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    My favourite work snacks are:
    - almonds (count them out though, don't just eat a handful because the cals add up quickly)
    - be natural muesli bars
    - crackers (usually something like vitawheat wholegrain)
    - laughing cow light cheese triangles
    - mini can of tuna
    - mini can of baked beans
    - fruit
    - hommus and veggies (if I get organised and bring it from home)
    - yoghurt (I'm currently loving Black Swan Low Fat Greek style natural yoghurt)
    - boiled eggs (but you have to bring them each day, don't keep them in the drawer!)
    and the lollie jar in my colleague's office but I'm trying to pretend that isn't there!
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    BSC protein balls. $4.50 at Woolies. Will fill you up & only about 200 cals for the whole pack.
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    bump, great ideas
  • emnpepper
    emnpepper Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    In my drawer (or my secret compartment in the fridge!) right now... Dried blueberries, unsalted cashews, cheese and crackers (mainland brand, in packs with 3 crackers and 3 slices of cheese), tins of tuna, yoghurt, rice wheels, baked beans, helgas sandwich thins, laughing cow cheese.

I try to have lots of choices because the vending machine gets VERY tempting! I also tend to forget breakfast and have a couple of snacks when I get to work, and throughout the morning. I'm constantly wanting to eat and having stuff portioned out with variety makes life easier.
  • breeh1993
    breeh1993 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks a lot for the ideas guys! :) I bought some strawberries last night for 89c a punnet! I also got some cheese wedges, nuts and my new trick to fight sweet sugar cravings is chewing on some Watermelon flavoured sugarfree extra gum.
  • BHKLEIN
    BHKLEIN Posts: 104
    Options
    I have peanuts, lots of popcorn, motts natual applesauce, small individual cups of mixed fruit, chicken broth, Newton Fruit Thins (Cherry and Vanilla), Snyder's braided pretzels twists and goldfish. Here's how I break it down when I'm snacking. I don't always eat the full serving size:

Newton Fruit Thins: 2 thins for 93 cals
    Snyder's Pretzel Twists: 5 twists for 85 cals
    Goldfish: 35 pieces for 95 cals
    Individual bag of Orville's naturals buttery salt & cracked pepper: 1 bag for 160 cals
    Mott's Natural Applesauce: 1 individually packaged cup for 50 cals
    Chicken broth: 1 cup for 38 cals (depends on brand)
    Del Monte mixed fruit: 1 cup for 70 cals
    Planters Spanish Redskin Peanuts with sea salt: 27 pieces for 85 cals

I add fresh fruit and veggie as well, but I keep these in my office for a variety of choices. I get bored eatting the same things over and over again.