• Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    that its possible.

Yes it is!
  • historygirldd
    historygirldd Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    It is like walking on a long journey. Make one small step and then another and then another and eventually you will complete your journey, but it always starts and ends with those same small steps. Just keep doing them everyday regardless and the changes in your body will come. Sometimes the journey will be hard and you may wonder why you are even on it, but keep going. It is worth it.
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    You all are awesome!
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    A strong mind will make the process easier. It will help you curb temptation, motivate you to keep going, and ultimately make you want the blood, sweat, and tears in order to achieve your goal.
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    It's a tie between "log absolutely everything, good and bad" and "purchase a kitchen scale as soon as you can afford it".

Yes!

And take it one day at a time!
  • JWmovin4ward
    JWmovin4ward Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Nothing changes if nothing changes!

/\ /\ /\ this !! & if you mess up a meal or a day, tomorrow is a fresh start, stick with it & the results will happen. Heathly eating & exercise will become the norm :flowerforyou:
  • sicilysclover
    sicilysclover Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Log everything and be patient! Also, make it a lifestyle change, NOT a diet. This is the new you!
  • vvanm
    vvanm Posts: 157
    Options
    If it's healthy eat it in normal portions. If it's not, taste 3 bites and savor them so you feel you've experienced it. Re-evaluate the foods you enjoy and find similar healthful versions. For example, french fries=sweet potato fries baked, full fat ice cream= 1/2 fat version on a 20 calorie cone, so you can eat it more slowly. All fast food can be made at home fast, just a whole lot better for you. Eat half of what you would previously choose and add veggies or fruit to fill the plate. Skip soft drinks and use sparkling water, flavored with any juice. Personally I love flavored decaf as something warm and filling when I have the munchies.
  • JLynn721
    Options
    Like what you said !
  • myoldself2011
    Options
    For those creeping cravings that attack you every now and then or sometimes more often than not -
    suck your stomach in so hard it hurts for 30-60 seconds- hold your breath for a little bit then a take a BIG BREATH and feel the calm :)

Haven't heard of this, I'll try it as I have a DAILY chocolate craving.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Frankly, it was an OB Gyn who told me that no matter what I did, I would always be fat.

My family doctor told me I would have a lot of trouble losing weight. I can't wait to go back In a couple weeks and show him different. :)
  • texjenn
    texjenn Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Portion control!
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    The absolute BEST advice anyone ever gave me...

"STOP LISTENING TO THE ADVICE ON THE FORUMS & DO WHATS BEST FOR YOU!!"

:bigsmile:

On the other hand, the best thing I did was keep an open mind and realize that everything I THOUGHT I knew about weight loss was wrong. :laugh:

Seconded.
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    For those creeping cravings that attack you every now and then or sometimes more often than not -
    suck your stomach in so hard it hurts for 30-60 seconds- hold your breath for a little bit then a take a BIG BREATH and feel the calm :)

Haven't heard of this, I'll try it as I have a DAILY chocolate craving.
    I just eat some chocolate. Hot chocolate at this very moment, as a matter of fact.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    bump Excellent question....
  • splashblob
    splashblob Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Meal timing, meal frequency and Breakfast is the most important thing of the day are myth.
  • zombiemomjo
    zombiemomjo Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Frankly, it was an OB Gyn who told me that no matter what I did, I would always be fat.

My family doctor told me I would have a lot of trouble losing weight. I can't wait to go back In a couple weeks and show him different. :)

That will be an awesome visit for you!! I see a different OB Gyn now who is awesome, and I'm excited to see her next month. How sad is that?!?! Looking forward to my annual exam?!?!?
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    enjoy every little milestone and don't get discouraged with any little backstep! I consider this now a lifestyle change not a quick fix and not a diet. :)
  • KnightAmber
    Options
    Change because you want to change NOT because someone told you to