NO Halloween Candy Club

Options
Okay I know it is Sept. but we must plan for the next diet attack...Halloween. I say not to eat one pience of candy. I know some people will disagree but I know my triggers....with my kids I separate the candy in 100 calorie baggies...and start throwing out the candy slowly...Who is in?

Replies

• lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I used to be the biggest pig in the office...Everyone would bring their kids extra cup cakes, candy, peanut brittle, etc. etc. etc. into the office, and put it near my desk and I would eat it.
    All that junk food doesn't have the big pull on me anymore...someone else eats all that stuff.

I know there will be abundant quantities of halloween candy this year, like every year...but this year, i won't eat any of it.
    I still think Halloween is the best day of the year for kids...even better than Christmas.
  • jazee11
    jazee11 Posts: 321
    Options
    I think that it will be doable for me this year. I'm in.

I don't have the cravings since I have completely revamped my eating habits.
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I'm not really a sweets person, but I do love Reese's Peanut Butter cups.

I only buy candy that I don't like for the trick-or-treaters so I'm not tempted to sneak any of it.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Good luck, guys! You're stronger than me.
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    You *kitten*... Who wants to join my 'make yourself sick on Halloween candy because it's once a year and isn't going to kill you, so live a little' club?
  • luvsunshine1
    luvsunshine1 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I definitely need this challenge, and it will be a challenge for me. Thanks!
  • ricebarbiee
    Options
    no candy for me from now through halloween. and then especially on halloween. i will spend the day keeping myself busy taking pictures of my daughter's first halloween =]
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    We are going to Mickey's Halloween Party in a month. I hear the amount of candy you get is INSANE! We plan on bringing pillow cases and filling them up.
    Okay, before you hyperventilate, let me clarify.
    My 4yo will get to keep maybe 10 pieces of candy. My dentist hosts a candy buy back every year. In exchange for candy, you get raffle tickets for stuff way cooler than junk food. Last year we entered for a kid's bike and 100% free wisdom tooth removal which I need done. I won the latter. Can't complain about trading in a couple pounds of candy for $2,000!
    What does a dentist need all that candy for you ask?
    To send to the troops in Iraq!
  • amselby81
    amselby81 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Not even one piece? ::wimper wimper:: I know I should do it, but I love the chocolate so much! Ugh! I might set a goal of only three pieces or something. I just love the chocolate!
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    My b/f has already started buying the Halloween candy...but not for Halloween...for himself. He does it every year. He buys 3 bags of Hershey bars a week and goes through them. And I have no desire whatsoever to have one....thank goodness!

He does the same thing at Easter....buys bags of Easter candy and eats and eats it. And he weighs less than I do.
  • karint74
    karint74 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Oh, count me in, too! Total candy-holic here. Even putting leftover Halloween candy in the freezer isn't enough of a deterrent to keep me from plowing through 15 or 20 of them. Getting a kind of candy that i don't like for the trick-or-treaters--that's good advice. I guess they're all getting black Necco wafers this year, LOL!
  • Jaccyber
    Jaccyber Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I am with funkyspunky...I totally live for Halloween it is almost a bigger holiday than Christmas for me. Gotta have the candy once a year... Sooo bring on the :heart: CANDY:heart: !! :tongue: :happy: :tongue:
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    We are going to Mickey's Halloween Party in a month. I hear the amount of candy you get is INSANE! We plan on bringing pillow cases and filling them up.
    My 4yo will get to keep maybe 10 pieces of candy. My dentist hosts a candy buy back every year. In exchange for candy, you get raffle tickets for stuff way cooler than junk food. Last year we entered for a kid's bike and 100% free wisdom tooth removal which I need done. I won the latter. Can't complain about trading in a couple pounds of candy for $2,000!

Just, ugh. Why go trick-or-treating at all if you're not going to let your kids eat the candy?
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I won't be eating any of the Halloween candy that the nephs get, but I will buy myself some sugar free candy and/or make myself some sugar free treats!
  • ncthomas09
    ncthomas09 Posts: 322 Member
    Options

Just, ugh. Why go trick-or-treating at all if you're not going to let your kids eat the candy?

Well she did mention there was a bike in the raffle. I am pretty sure that when I was a kid I would much rather a bike or whatever cool gadgets there were than candy. So yea I would go trick or treating to trade in my candy. Every halloween I had candy left over from the year before. I just liked to get dressed up and be outside...fall is my fave time of year.
  • Zombielicious
    Zombielicious Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    You *kitten*... Who wants to join my 'make yourself sick on Halloween candy because it's once a year and isn't going to kill you, so live a little' club?

OH! *raises hand* ME! ME! I LOVE Halloween...absolutely my fav holiday!
  • MissyBenj
    MissyBenj Posts: 186 Member
    Options

Wow, your dentist sounds amazing!!!! I wish there was one around here that did something of that nature. What a treat for everyone.
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options

I don't know, ten pieces of candy sounds sufficient. Sounds like she's setting up her kids to not have weight problems.
  • 2011Eileen
    2011Eileen Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Since I stopped eating any form of winegums or jube jube candies, a couple years ago, that type of candy especially will not come in our home, as it was a habit and don't want to start it again.
    Safe treats that don't bother me are juice boxes, pop, granola bars, cheese/cracker snack treats, chips.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options

To trade it in for cooler stuff! Hoping he raffles off another bike this year. We'll throw her whole stash in for it. She's not a big candy eater to begin with (seriously, it takes her 3-5 days to eat a sucker). 10 pieces should last her til Thanksgiving!