Tell ME about YOU!

Options
foraubs
foraubs Posts: 263 Member
Hi everyone!

I'm looking for those with similar stats to myself to share their successes with me. I've reached a bit of a lull and am calling out for some motivation: pics, text, stories ... anything!

I'm 5'5, currently 174lbs. My highest weight was 225lbs @ full-term, and I joined MFP in February at 198. Right now, my sights are set on 150 lbs for my scale goal.

Anyone start & end off similarly?
What was your time frame?
What were your greatest challenges?
What were your greatest successes?
How did you get to where you are today?
What is your single, biggest piece of advice?
... and anything else you'd like to add!

While I understand what works for you may not work for me, I love learning from others.

So, please ... come hither and share!

Replies

• JustPeachy044
    JustPeachy044 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I started at about 188 lbs in April, and I am 5'6". I currently weigh 153 with a goal of 145. So we are close in stats, I think.

My biggest change is going almost vegan. I am not "die-hard" and I used to love cheese (still love the way it tastes). I also eat chicken breast and greek yogurt. Simply put, I LOVE to eat, and I have found that eating mostly plants does wonders for me. It lets me eat a large quantity of food and still lose weight. I also feel much healthier. Sure, I will eat a piece of pizza or a small burger here and there (like once every few months).

My biggest challenge was finding an exercise program I love and am committed to sticking with. I never was one to love exercise, but I have found a group program that works well for me...each exercise, no matter how hard is only seconds to a minute. They switch up the program each month, and each day is different than the one before. I never thought I would like getting up early to exercise, and I can't say I make it there every day, but I make it most of the time. Paying a good chunk of money and committing for a YEAR have also contributed to this happening. I am too cheap to pay that much and skip class too often! :) Now I can see muscles in the mirror and I feel strong. I like that.

After having the summer off school, I returned to the classroom in August. Almost everyone I saw that first week back had a positive comment for me about how I look. No, I didn't do it for the positive comments, but it certainly stroked my ego! Also, quite frankly, my libido is much better...I am not embarrassed for my husband to see me without clothing and touch me. That is certainly a motivator to keep going. Enough of that...

My single biggest piece of advise is to KEEP GOING. Know that you will slip, you will have days and weeks where it doesn't seem to be making a difference, the fight seems too hard. You may delve into that bucket of ice cream with a spoon late one night. Don't let anything or anyone derail you, most of all yourself. Give yourself the grace to say, "aw cr*p, I messed up, but I can do better from this point forward." Take advantage of the support from your MFP friends, it has helped me immensely to have others with similar goals cheer me on and help me dust myself off when I have slipped. You can do this!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!