Here comes the weekend--anyone want to be accountable with m

Options
2»

Replies

• mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    The weekend is here! My first challenge will be tonight. My Dad is in town and wants to take us and the kiddos to Chuck E Cheese. I don't know what I'm going to eat!!!! I hardly ever go to restaurants or don't have to cook, so it's always the hardest for me to turn down food that I didn't have to make!

Chuck E Cheese (at least the one by my house) has a salad bar with lots of veggies - GET THAT! Beware of their pizza....it's so good and addictive :sad:

I'm takling baking my Christmas cookies this weekend, so this thread came RIGHT IN TIME! I bake cookies for gifts (cheaper and more personal) and my goal is to only keep one of each kind. Just to make sure they taste ok, and the GIVE THE REST AWAY!
  • Crunchytxmama
    Crunchytxmama Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Oh good, I didn't know if they had a salad bar. That will help a lot. Their cheese pizza doesn't look too bad. Two slices of the large is 340 cals. That, plus salad and water, and I should be okay. I just need to make sure I go in there with a plan and don't deviate!
  • jrbowers83
    jrbowers83 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    The weekend is here! My first challenge will be tonight. My Dad is in town and wants to take us and the kiddos to Chuck E Cheese. I don't know what I'm going to eat!!!! I hardly ever go to restaurants or don't have to cook, so it's always the hardest for me to turn down food that I didn't have to make!

Chuck E. Cheese has the BEST salad bar. Also, 1 slice of cheese pizza only runs ya about 260 cals. Has quite a bit of fat and sodium though. Not sure exactly how much, but it's in the database if you wanna check before you go. And hey run around after the kids alot while you're there to "earn" some extra. I did that yesterday for a bday party. Good luck with your weekend.
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Checking in...

I went Christmas shopping today, and ended up going to Ryan's Steakhouse on a completely empty stomach for dinner. But, I ate within my calories (especially after all that walking!!) and actually have over 200 left. I also only ate just a bite of cheesecake for dessert. I feel accomplished for sure. :bigsmile:

Hope everyone else did good!
  • Crunchytxmama
    Options
    I survived Chuck E Cheese and yes their pizza was really good! I wasn't able to get the salad bar...my Dad paid for two pizzas for everyone and we didn't have the money for the $6/person salad bar! I ended up having three slices of cheese pizza which put me over my cals by 79 for the day--not horrible. I drank diet lemonade and avoided the Dr. Pepper. I'm already doing better than I normally do by just making myself accoutable and tracking on Friday and Saturday.

How is everyone else doing?
  • Lisa0711
    Options
    I survived Chuck E Cheese and yes their pizza was really good! I wasn't able to get the salad bar...my Dad paid for two pizzas for everyone and we didn't have the money for the $6/person salad bar! I ended up having three slices of cheese pizza which put me over my cals by 79 for the day--not horrible. I drank diet lemonade and avoided the Dr. Pepper. I'm already doing better than I normally do by just making myself accoutable and tracking on Friday and Saturday.

If you can eat 3 slices of pizza and stay (pretty much) within your calories, you must be doing something right!

Even though I did good Friday, I went over yesterday. But I plan on making up for it in exercise and eating better today!
  • Crunchytxmama
    Options

If you can eat 3 slices of pizza and stay (pretty much) within your calories, you must be doing something right!

Even though I did good Friday, I went over yesterday. But I plan on making up for it in exercise and eating better today!

Thanks for checking in, Blondie! Yeah, I work out really hard most days, usually burning 600-800 calories. That gives me a lot more wiggle room!

I burned 900 calories yesterday, so I had about 2100 to work with. I did have some Christmas cookies that my husband brought home--he's a teacher and the amount of stuff that starts coming home is just crazy! I stayed under my cals...stil had over 100 left, just in case the sugar cookies had more cals, since I don't know what went in them.

What are you planning to do as far as exercise today? I've got a training run that I need to do this evening. I'm kind of dreading it.

Anyone else out there--staying strong this weekend??
  • Lisa0711
    Options

Thanks for checking in, Blondie! Yeah, I work out really hard most days, usually burning 600-800 calories. That gives me a lot more wiggle room!

I burned 900 calories yesterday, so I had about 2100 to work with. I did have some Christmas cookies that my husband brought home--he's a teacher and the amount of stuff that starts coming home is just crazy! I stayed under my cals...stil had over 100 left, just in case the sugar cookies had more cals, since I don't know what went in them.

What are you planning to do as far as exercise today? I've got a training run that I need to do this evening. I'm kind of dreading it.

Anyone else out there--staying strong this weekend??

I try to burn at least 500 calories daily too. I usually shoot for more, but that depends on how I'm feeling and the time I have. It would be hard with him bringing treats home all the time... good luck! Sounds Iike you're doing great though.. much better than I would lol.

Yesterday I was on the treadmill for about an hour and a half and burned over 700 calories, then today I did an aerobic strength DVD and burned close to 600. One thing with exercise though (it seems like I dread it most days, mostly the getting started part, but I manage to get it done) just remember the sooner you start the sooner it'll be over. :tongue: Myabe since it's later you've already got it over with!! What kind of training run is it?
  • Crunchytxmama
    Options
    I'm tentatively training for a half marathon at the end of February. I just did my first 10k last weekend and did better than I thought I would, so I'm looking for a new challenge!

What exercise DVD did you do that burned 600 cals? I have a hard time finding workout videos that I really like.

The weekend is over!!! I went over my cals by about 20 yesterday, but I'm proud of myself for tracking all weekend and staying (mostly) within my cals. It's nice not to wake up this morning with my weekend food hangover, lol, and not to see those extra lbs. on the scale!!!!
  • brewwerks2
    Options
    I was okay this weekend thanks to my long run on Saturday. But I obviously ate a LOT of calories this weekend, because I netted a total of 1200 calories on saturday. Maybe I'll just have to run half marathons or more every weekend. ha.... The good thing is I tracked the entire weekend even though it felt like hours typing things in.....
  • Lisa0711
    Options
    I'm tentatively training for a half marathon at the end of February. I just did my first 10k last weekend and did better than I thought I would, so I'm looking for a new challenge!

What exercise DVD did you do that burned 600 cals? I have a hard time finding workout videos that I really like.

The weekend is over!!! I went over my cals by about 20 yesterday, but I'm proud of myself for tracking all weekend and staying (mostly) within my cals. It's nice not to wake up this morning with my weekend food hangover, lol, and not to see those extra lbs. on the scale!!!!

Sounds great, congrats on your first 10k and good luck on your half marathon!!

I did the Jari Love - Get Extremely Ripped DVD and burned almost 600 with it, but I burn close to 800 with the Jari Love - Get Extremely Ripped 1000 DVD (got them both for about $10 each on Amazon). I really like her workouts because you burn a ton of calories while doing strength. She uses low weight (5-8 pounds) and high reps so you tone instead of bulk up. I've had great results with those...

BTW..Thanks for starting this thread! I stayed within my calories every day but one, and with the calories I had left over on the good days, I made up for my bad one. Maybe we should make this a regular thing.