Is this what you call skinny fat??

Options
551580_10151245066449673_50980834_n.jpg

If it isn't what you call skinny fat, then please clarify what skinny fat looks like! Show photos, explain in words - anything! :P

Replies

• shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    I dont call that skinny fat.
    http://www.crossfitsouthbay.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Skinny-Fat1.jpg <this is skinny fat.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Skinny fat is people who are thin, but not in good shape and with no muscle tone. They might weigh less than someone who's fit, but have a higher body fat percentage. The girl in your picture looks like she's in great shape.

P.S. Folks, correct me if I'm wrong. This is what my understanding is, anyway.
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say that picture was skinny fat personally... :ohwell: And if it is, I'm aiming for skinny fat!
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    Think "normal" weight and size but high bf% and little muscle, very squishy.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Is that you? You have a beautiful body!
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    Skinny fat is people who are thin, but not in good shape and with no muscle tone. They might weigh less than someone who's fit, but have a higher body fat percentage. The girl in your picture looks like she's in great shape.

P.S. Folks, correct me if I'm wrong. This is what my understanding is, anyway.

Ur right lol Skinny fat is me :| 125.8lbs 28.4% BF no good .
  • splucy
    splucy Posts: 353
    Options
    That was me, on holiday in Thailand when I was around 61kgs lol I am now 63.9.

I didn't want to indicate that it was me to begin with because I wanted the dead-set truth :P

I just had some photos up on facebook a while ago and felt like I had a body to be proud of but not a single one of my 300 friends said 'nice body!' or anything nice like that... so it made me wonder if I actually looked disgusting.... so I thought I'd check to see if I was considered a skinny fat. I think too much >.<
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options

I didn't want to indicate that it was me to begin with because I wanted the dead-set truth :P

I just had some photos up on facebook a while ago and felt like I had a body to be proud of but not a single one of my 300 friends said 'nice body!' or anything nice like that... so it made me wonder if I actually looked disgusting.... so I thought I'd check to see if I was considered a skinny fat. I think too much >.<

I think you look absolutely incredible. You should be so, so proud!!
  • Arexxx
    Arexxx Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Post more pictures people!
    I also have no idea what skinny fat really looks like. But that photo looks good, and fit
  • bradthemedic
    bradthemedic Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    You are not skinny fat.
  • msafunk
    msafunk Posts: 163 Member
    Options

I work on a lot of websites for hotels in Hawaii, and I was going to comment that the body of the woman in the picture looks like some of the models in the pictures I'm sent for high-end Hawaiian resorts. You're in fantastic shape, and definitely something for other women to aspire to.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    A person who is thin and shapeless (especially the legs) and has a high body fat percentage to low muscle mass ratio. As someone stated, they are very squishy as a result.

au7gip.png
  • Jester522
    Options
    ^ Thats pretty accurate. Your picture is good, no worries.
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Considering I'm Fat Fat right now, I'd be happy with skinny fat :)
  • JessFromEngland
    JessFromEngland Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I would call the body in that photo skinny.
    Just because 300 or so of your "friends" on Facebook didn't say you have a good body, does in no way mean they weren't thinking it! They were probably all jealous! I know I am.

With 2kg to go - you'll be back to that in no time :)
    Good luck!
  • splucy
    splucy Posts: 353
    Options
    Thanks. I wasn't fishing for compliments on this thread! I just thought someone on FB would have said something so was disheartened when there was only silence! lol

It took me a lot of hard work to get there, I wanted compliments from my friends at the time damn it!
  • willowdancer
    Options
    I don't have any pictures but I can describe what I think of when I hear the term "skinny fat"

For a guy or girl who is skinny fat I think of someone who has very thin arms and legs but a pooch on their belly and oddly a crease where their back boobs might have been if they were really over weight. The whole body, when viewed without clothes on, just gives the impression of sagging. The skin seems to hang on the bones, drug down by what little bit of body fat is there. More often than not the majority of skinny fat people I have ever seen have terrible posture; very slouched shoulders and never standing up straight.

I don't think there is anything wrong with being skinny fat. The only time I think there is something wrong with a person's body is when they don't feel proud of it or happy in their skin. THAT is when something needs to change; aside from any medical situations, but those aren't always so obvious just by looking at someone.
  • ang3h
    ang3h Posts: 185 Member
    Options

They didn't comment because they were jealous!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    I'd just say you are skinny :smile:

p.s my current profile pic is from Thailand also. I swear that place makes you look thinner somehow haha.