Evenings are killing me!

Options
2»

Replies

• sdstargazer
    Options
    Thank You all! Great input. Several I am going to do (from 1 of my hero's “Do or do not... there is no try.”).
  • OdeToEmma
    OdeToEmma Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Become religious about logging. It doesn't go in your mouth until it goes on MFP diary. Then you have to think about what you are eating and make an informed decision.

Love! I'm going to start logging BEFORE I eat. Thanks for the tip!
  • Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    We had the same problem and found that 30 minutes of cardio in the evening killed our appatites until we went to bed. It is working great for us.
  • GeekGirl23
    GeekGirl23 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    You are like a billion of us and associate tv/movie time with snacking. I've pretty much have my entire days worth of meals planned out the day prior and I don't allow myself to snack unless I'm really craving something I'll have it the next day when I've "Worked" it into my day.

I also cut down my TV time by half by taking night classes (Jazzercise), when I get home all I want is a protein shake and bed.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Save calories and plan healthy snacks for yourself.

^^^This! Every night I have a skinny cow caramel truffle ice cream bar - 100 calories. Or something similar I just make sure it fits into my calorie goal for the day.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    I wasn't able to stop my cravings, binging, and night eating until I eliminated trigger foods such as grain, legumes, sugar. Not everyone has to avoid certain foods but if nothing else is working, perhaps there is something that you are eating (or not eating) that is leading you to overeat at night. For me it wasn't about not being busy or not having willpower, I'm just not healthy or happy on a SAD diet (standard american diet).
  • Paw4awhile
    Options
    Try celery and Salsa.