Snacking Addiction

Options
I feel like I eat pretty well (when i want to ;) ) buttttttt then it comes to snacking :s i loveeeeee all things un-healthy. chips and dip (YUM!) ice cream, anything salty. Does anyone have any advice to curb these cravings and know of any really good tasting snack items??

Replies

• tmellberg
    Options
    I have a snacking problem too! When I'm hungry I eat what I see.. then regret it later and try and make up for it by eating healthier. I just cant find something that is healthy taste better than something unhealthy yet to stop my cravings :(
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Snacking was a problem I've overcome, I make Kale chips(Kale baked), I keep fresh veggies cut and ready to eat, fresh fruits available, popcorn(small amounts), Make dips with fat free sour cream and yogurts, bean dips, salsa. Look online for coffee mug cake recipes that you can make a cake in a mug in about 2 minutes. Good luck..
  • propskat
    propskat Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I do perfectly well until about an hour after dinner... then I'm looking for something to snack on. Single-serve fruit works well for me, and the 100-calorie popcorn
  • sunnyshine1313
    sunnyshine1313 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Looking for suggestions on this as well. I am staying within calories or just a little over, and a huge amount of calories is wasted on unnecessary snacking and I get so frustrated with myself. Why can't I just eat healthier??? I have the healthy options in my fringe but yet I chose to eat a cookie. I know it would be best to not have it in the house, but with 3 kids it's so hard not to have a couple of treats for them. Looking for suggestions as well, oh and to top it off, I don't really like veggies :sad:
  • di2losew8
    di2losew8 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    No pudge single serve brownies…with a dab of plain nonfat yogurt, or lite whipped topping. I also get 100 cal packs to keep me from over indulging. Popcorn in the microwave and not those in the package, i buy white kernels and have a plastic popcorn popper for the microwave ( no oil) and then add two TBS white kernels. Then add what I want to keep cals low. Spray butter garlic or cajun seasoning. You can do a lot. Yogurt in the dessert flavors helps too. Frozen yogurt too.
  • Tymeshia
    Tymeshia Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I love snack too! I'm lowering my sugar grams, so I can only have foods that have less than 10 grams of sugar. this is really help me because it limits the amount snacks I can have. I eat no sugar added products and they are good and low in calories.
  • justincortes1
    Options
    I have the same problem!!! I found un-buttered popcorn to be a great snack thats low in calories. You can always just sprinkle a little bit of salt and its great! Also for a sweet snack I like sugar free pudding