Love having Fruit Trees!

Options
Had to go home for lunch today to take care of my old dog. Went to take something off the clothesline and discovered that the tangerines in my backyard are ready! So me and the old pup sat and ate one! To make this even better - I logged them in my food log to find out they are only about 50 cals! This makes me happy all around.

Replies

• ktrichards87
    Options
    Oh I will have to look into that for buying them at the store though, b/c I like tangerines and they sound like an actual good healthy snack.
  • Luludog1
    Luludog1 Posts: 119
    Options
    Fresh fruit in December???? Its 18 degrees in Cleveland today. I'm Jealous
  • repete11
    Options
    I'm with ya on the fresh fruit in December. I woke up to -10 here in Wyoming this a.m. I'm still not warm!
  • klybarger
    Options
    I'm really sorry - wasn't thinking about how mean this post could be - can't imagine temperatures that low. I am not even telling you the temperature here in Central Florida. That would be cruel.....
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    I have clothes out on the line too - only they dry going directly from ice to vapor and take several days followed by a day inside by the fireplace before I can put them away!
  • klybarger
    Options
    I have clothes out on the line too - only they dry going directly from ice to vapor and take several days followed by a day inside by the fireplace before I can put them away!

Eek - this native Floridian cannot comprehend this!
  • abr25
    abr25 Posts: 179
    Options
    i wish i lived somewhere where fruit would grow this time of the year. its snowy here in NE!
  • klybarger
    Options
    Well, ya'll come down and I'll pick tangerines off my tree for you. Right now I'm sure Florida sounds great to you, but those hurricanes are a b#tch! :)