New to MyFitnessPal

Options
But not too losing weight! Having been slim through my teenage years until my mid twenties, one morning I woke up fat! I can't blame my son who I had when I was 19 and went straight back to my pre-pregnancy weight (114lbs) and figure. Since then I have been on the diet / weight loss / weight gain roller coaster. At my heaviest I topped 182lbs. Two years ago I lost 33lbs, mainly by cutting out junk food, chocolate and bread and increasing exercise. Sadly, stupidly, I put back over half of that.

Now rapidly approaching 60 I'm trying again. Not by "going on" a diet, by it's very nature that means at some point you "come off" the diet and weight is gained again. Instead by changing my attitudes and habits and eating more healthily and increasing exercise.

I live in Puglia, Southern Italy, where we have very hot summers. Because we have holiday rental villas we are at our busiest in the summers (that's when I put the last weight loss back on again) grabbing food on the hoof and not excercising much.

The season is coming to an end now ...... so I have six months to get to my target weight of 140lbs. I've been here on myfitnesspal for just under two weeks and finding the food diary very helpful - certainly concentrates the mind.

So wish my luck, I'm looking forward to making new friends here and chatting with you all.:smile: