Waking Up Throughout The Night Hungry :s

Options
Hi Everyone.
What would you recommend......
I wake up early morning (2-3am) feeling hungry. I find it hard as it is recommended not to eat after a specific time at night but I dont know how to stop from waking up and feeling hungry? Any suggestions? Thank you in advance for the replies.

Replies

• Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I can't see your diary, but are you waking up hungry because you're...... hungry?
    Almost everytime someone posts a topic saying "I'm hungry" it's because they are eating very little.
    It would be helpful if you make your diary public, or provide info on your current stats and how much you are eating.
  • victoriadw84
    victoriadw84 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I can't see your diary, but are you waking up hungry because you're...... hungry?
    Almost everytime someone posts a topic saying "I'm hungry" it's because they are eating very little.
    It would be helpful if you make your diary public, or provide info on your current stats and how much you are eating.

Hi
    Yes I am waking up hungry, it actually keeps me up. Once I have a snack I can fall asleep perfectly but until then I will toss and turn and my stomach grumbles.
  • ephemerata
    ephemerata Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    honestly, you may just need to eat more.

this happened to me every night when i was heavily bulimic. after a couple of months of ignoring it, i would practically sleep-walk into the kitchen and shove crackers into my mouth. i'd barely remember it the next day.

your body is telling you it needs more food. listen to it. if that means you have to eat a snack before bed, then i'd eat a snack before bed. your body will convert those nutrients nearly the same way it would've if you'd eaten it hours earlier.

be kind to yourself.
  • ephemerata
    ephemerata Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    double-post. :<
  • victoriadw84
    Options
    honestly, you may just need to eat more.

this happened to me every night when i was heavily bulimic. after a couple of months of ignoring it, i would practically sleep-walk into the kitchen and shove crackers into my mouth. i'd barely remember it the next day.

your body is telling you it needs more food. listen to it. if that means you have to eat a snack before bed, then i'd eat a snack before bed. your body will convert those nutrients nearly the same way it would've if you'd eaten it hours earlier.

be kind to yourself.

Im so sorry to hear about your struggles and I appreciate the feedback very much. I get nervous of over eating and not loosing the weight I have gained so I try not to over do it. Thank you again and I will keep track of how and what I am eating! Good luck to you.
  • kjw1031
    kjw1031 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I would plan for part of my calories to be a protein snack at bedtime. Either a protein bar, yogurt, cheese - - - something like that.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    If your Tuesday diary is accurate....

the reason you are hungry is because you were supposed to eat 600 more calories BEFORE going to bed!

No reason to stop eating at a "certain time". If it is half an hour before bedtime and you have 600 calories left, have a 4-500 calorie healthy snack at least!

Peanut butter on toast or on an apple will keep you satisfied all night. Or a protein shake!
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    You're not eating enough, you should be waking up hungry. If you learn to use the site the right way it is set up you won't have to worry about gaining weight and you won't have to starve yourself. I don't see how you can have long term success eating as little as you do. Good Luck
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    I have to add:

your calorie goal is a goal to REACH, based on the numbers you gave mfp, it is not a number to "try and stay under". It already has a deficit BUILT IN. I am assuming you chose "lose 2 pounds per week". If that is true, you NEED to eat ALL of the calories allotted to you EVERY DAY, or else the deficit will increase to an unhealthy level and you will be essentially starving.
    The reason you are waking up hungry is because your body is pissed off at you and trying to tell you something. Listen to it...
  • victoriadw84
    Options
    Awesome thank you so much for the replies! Yes I was trying to stay under the amount of calories provided but not by much. I just learned I should be eating about 1500 calories a day. I am also learning how to use the food diary so I am hoping to have it more accurate this month. Thank you again and i will start to eat more! Never thought I would have to say that lol!!