What protein powder do you use?

Options

Replies

• sgarrard01
    sgarrard01 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Is whey or multi-source protein better from myprotein.com???????
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of the PhD stuff in the UK. Decently priced, and it mixes fantastically even with just water.

Makes you think you should be punishing yourself for having something that tastes so good, but it's good stuff.

Currently on the PhD Synergy ISO-7 in Chocolate Mint. Which is like drinking after eights. If you want it to be even more amusing... Add in a shot of coffee and it's nearly a mint-mocha shake that is good for you. Tasty :D

Really?

PHD is INSANELY overpriced for what it is.
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Syntrax Nectar Sweets whey protein isolate. I get the chocolate truffle, vanilla bean torte, and fuzzy navel. It's the only brand I've tried that doesn't need to be covered up with other ingredients.
  • Shadowsan
    Shadowsan Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of the PhD stuff in the UK. Decently priced, and it mixes fantastically even with just water.

Makes you think you should be punishing yourself for having something that tastes so good, but it's good stuff.

Currently on the PhD Synergy ISO-7 in Chocolate Mint. Which is like drinking after eights. If you want it to be even more amusing... Add in a shot of coffee and it's nearly a mint-mocha shake that is good for you. Tasty :D

Really?

PHD is INSANELY overpriced for what it is.

I dunno... I did a few comparisons and they're all pretty much like for like.

Besides, I know a friend who can get me it half-price regardless. ;)
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    I use GNC chocolate and vanilla whey protein powder. I mix both with 7oz of 2% milk. I also add the vanilla to make a fruit smoothie (fruit, milk, Greek yogurt, water). The chocolate can be mixed with coffee and ice to make a frappe sort of of concoction.
  • borichfan
    borichfan Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Whey Protein from Walmart
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I buy from muscle&strength online. I like there Isofuel and MGN brand.
  • thebalanceline
    thebalanceline Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I use Vega One. If you're looking for an alternative to whey or soy, it has 15 g of complete plant-based proteins per scoop. There is another Vega product that has 20 g per serving, but I stick with Vega One. It has a really good flavor and consistency.
  • ladylu11
    ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I am currently using Designer Whey, but my trainer has suggested Truetein. She says it is the "cleanest" she has found.
    Another one I've heard that is great and supposed to be the best one for cooking is Sun Warrior, but I haven't tried that one yet either.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I use ON Gold standard Whey Double Chocolate for pre or post workouts and ON Gold Standard Chocolate Supreme Casein for an overnight protein source... Normally buy from bodybuilding.com or amazon.com................. Best of Luck
  • SonicaBE
    SonicaBE Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Beverly international ultimate muscle protein. I have been using it for the past 4 yrs... Hooked! Tastes like a mc Donald's milk shake. The vanilla and chioco are good. Don't rec the cookies and cream.
  • eduardoschoen
    Options
    I use two different ones, each mixed with Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk by Blue Diamond.

1) Lifetime Fitness - Vanilla Whey
    2) Click Vanilla Latte (espresso already mixed in it - high on carbs though).

Good luck finding one you like and in meeting your goals. :)
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I use Nutiva hemp protein powder. No whey for me. :smokin:
  • amberecochran
    amberecochran Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I also use gnc pro preformance 100% whey protein powder. It is 120 calories and 20 g of protein. I mix one scoop in the blender with 1 cup light almond milk (40 cal), 1 tbsp coconut oil (optional 130 cal), and whatever frozen or fresh fruit I want. If I use frozen fruit, it makes it more like a milk shake. Love love love this! Alos, I found it on clearance and an additional bogo 1/2 off. So instead of paying $84 for two canisters, I only payed $26. Awesome! Oh, and let me just say that I am a woman who is trying to lose weight and tone. Since I began using this three days ago along with my workout, I haven't felt sluggish, tired, or beat up. I have also lost 2lbs in those three days. (results may vary :P)
  • Sarah0866
    Sarah0866 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Myofusion and my gym's brand, Xsport Fitness Protein...love both of those
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    Oh my God! Thank you for the info!
    I am more confused now. How to trust food/drink labels? It's really impossible.
    Oh really? They still sell it in the USA, I think. I wouldnt be surprised if they sold a discontinued product in my country but it is still on the market in the USA, I think. Are you sure?

Well im sure supplement shops still have tons of the stuff to get rid off, they aren't going to bin it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0Ag9uT-E4EIL7dFZPZnR0WVZybGtFWnRKNzdKNm9XOVE&toomany=true#gid=0

Optimum nutrition came out top.

Hi - test of the above was shown to be bunk - see http://www.gasparinutrition.com/news/viewnews.aspx?id=276

The testing methods of the person were less than professional!
  • Tat2dDom0105
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition Gold Whey Standard Double Rich Chocolate w/ 2 cups of skim milk added.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I get my vitamins through Life Extensions. I get my protein through them as well. It's the vanilla and it's not bad. 2 scoops is the serving size and there's 22g's of protein.
  • MzzAshley
    MzzAshley Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I love the RTD Premier Protein in chocolate, 30g of protein, 160 calories, 5g of carbs, 3g dietary fiber and 1g of sugar
  • downinaggieland98
    downinaggieland98 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition Natural Whey - Chocolate - contains no artificial flavors, colors, or sweeteners.