Motivation

Options
So I have a really hard time motivating myself to work out during the winter because its so cold outside. Does any one else have this problem and how do you work past it?

Replies

• neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    this is my first winter working out, and i have to say, my motivation has taken a turn for the worst! when i started going to the gym in June I was going 20 times a month, now ive dropped to around 10 times a month! so id say im having trouble with the weather too!
  • ktrichards87
    Options
    i have the same problem, because I live in Northern MI and it is freezing cold. Anyways I am going to focus on using my Wii Fit, exercise DVDs, or shoveling the snow, or I might look into going skiiing too I think. Skiiing is one of my favorite things to do, and if i can find some time to do it, I am defientely oging to...If you ever need to message me you can, because I am going through the same thing.
  • photoman67
    photoman67 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Just tough it out and go tho the gym.
  • 34at35
    34at35 Posts: 318
    Options
    We go skiing! A great way to burn more than 400 calories per hour! Heck of a lot more fun than a gym! (And I do both!) The gym time wil help you ski better too!
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    I was concerned because I love to do a ot of walking and hiking. Living in Canada means that we get a lot of cold, snowy icy days that aren't great for walking.

I joined a new gym that has a pool too so I can vary my workouts there. They also have some cool classes like yoga, zumba and spinning classes. I'm going to enjoy this.
  • gympamela
    gympamela Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Its freezing here today, but once I got in the gym and started working out, I worked up a hot sweat in a hurry. Just tell yourself you will not be that cold for long once you get in there!
  • jessicajoy87
    Options
    I have the same problem. I live in Kansas! Its cold with no snow! I have a hard time getting out because I live in a smaller town that is an hour away from the closest Y. I also have three little ones. I just do work out videos when I have time. I'd love to do more but I can't take my babies out. I'm hoping to get a treadmill someday. But do what you can. Any exercise is better than none. Don't use that as an excuse though. Really try doing what you can. You will feel better! Good luck!