Orange drink with no artificial sweetener. Any ideas?

I am hooked on the Walmart version of Crystal light orange drink but I am trying to eliminate all artificial sweeteners and sugars leaving only stevia as a sweetener. I do no want to use juice to make it either because of the caloric intake it would cause. Some lemon or lime juice would be fine but not orange juice. I would use extracts for flavoring. Anyone out there with a recipe for a close facsimile of the orange drink?

Replies

• WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Orange juice doesn't have artificial sweetener in it, if it's pure OJ. Personally, that's the only orange drink I would ever consume.
  • Just squeeze em fresh :) no need for sweeteners. or drink Florida's Natural. they're great! try the grapefruit too!
  • Sammijc87
    Sammijc87 Posts: 10 Member
    Its a little pricey but at whole foods store they have somthing called steaz. It comes indifferent flavors including orange and is sweetened with stevia. If you wanted to go natural at kroger thay have hansen's all natural packets like the ones walmart has, but no orange flavor. I use those alot and they are good. You could also get essence of orange use a few drops in water and sweeten the water with stevia.
  • pasturepilot
    pasturepilot Posts: 23 Member
    You want an orange flavored drink, all natural, but without orange? That's rough. I enjoy lemonade, and when I'm at work, I grab a few lemon slices from the galley, squeeze them into the water bottle and add stevia from my lunch bag. I know whole foods has lemon and lime-essence flavored stevia syrups, you might look there. The lemon wasn't bad, but it wasn't cheap. I got two bottles of lemon water before I dropped the bottle and it shattered. Oops!