Mars disowns deep-fried Mars Bar

Options
2»

Replies

• TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Mars has been trying to make a move towards making their products a little more health-concious. They have a long-term goal of reducing calories and sodium in all their products. Probably what has influenced this announcement.

And a long term goal of reducing the size of their products whilst charging the same amount of money.

They must think people are stupid.

Hey, hold on ...
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Haha not where i live. mc donalds especially, i mean who are they kidding? their SALADS (even without dressing) are full of sugar and additives.

Yeh but you are clearly not the target audience, you have a functioning brain ;)
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Are the nuts the healthy parts?:blushing:
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    a deep-fried candy bar sounds utterly disgusting to me :sick:
  • Patovader
    Patovader Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I am proud to say that I am a Scotsman and I have not tasted this 'delicacy', I am not really a fan of any deep fried food whatsoever but each to their own. They purportedly have in excess of 400 calories...
  • Joannie30
    Joannie30 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Say what you want about it, but I'd love to try one someday. It sounds glorious. Fatty, calorific and wholly unhealthy, but glorious.

It is all of those things! Although i live in England now, i'm originally from Glasgow and they do deep-fry EVERYTHING!!!!! I've only ever had a deep-fried Mars bar once and as unhealthy etc as it is- it is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! Sorry, but it is. lol.

:smile:
  • Aperture_Science
    Aperture_Science Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I had a deep fried Mars bar in 2000 when I last visited Glasgow. The batter had cocoa nut flakes in it. It was pretty bad.

EDIT: I realised I visited Glasgow in 2002. I didn't have deep fried Mars bar on that trip!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Say what you want about it, but I'd love to try one someday. It sounds glorious. Fatty, calorific and wholly unhealthy, but glorious.

It is all of those things! Although i live in England now, i'm originally from Glasgow and they do deep-fry EVERYTHING!!!!! I've only ever had a deep-fried Mars bar once and as unhealthy etc as it is- it is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! Sorry, but it is. lol.

:smile:

I think if people want to eat them, they should. I never had one, but if it was something I liked, I would eat it every once in a while. I just find the whole thing very funny because it wasn't health food before it was fried!
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    as it does not fit the company's promotion of healthy living.

Rofl_4c.gif
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    Are the nuts the healthy parts?:blushing:

Yes. :wink:
  • newnormal2010
    Options
    well, you name one product, no matter how healthy.. and its not an "essential part of a healthy lifestyle"...
    [/quote]

Water? :wink:
  • Patovader
    Patovader Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I don't find the idea of deep-fried Mara Bars appealing, but the other Scottish treats of deep-fried pizza or deep-fried black pudding I'd be happy to try!

Berry, take it from me, deep fried pizza is mingin'
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    I'm still amazed that Mars sees it's product as an asset to a healthy lifestyle. A treat, a reward maybe for active people, but not an essential part of a healthy lifestyle. Just my opinion.
    Deep frying it is quite frankly disgusting, but the Mars bar is not a health product even without deep frying it.
    Pray tell how it is inherently unhealthy?