Options
Amellej
Amellej Posts: 197 Member
:smile:

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Cut it length wise and grill it, top it with tomato, onioin, peppers, mushrooms, spinach or any mix of veggie you like. Roll it up or just put it in a baking dish and top with a little tomato sauce and parm cheese and bake for 20 min at 350. You could put all that between some lasagna noodles and make a veggie lasagna.
    OR Just grill it and top with little cheese and sauce and have eggplant parm without all the calories of the breading.
  • Amellej
    Amellej Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    mmmm,sounds yummy, Thanks!
  • LivingInPuglia
    LivingInPuglia Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I have a bumper crop of melanzane (egg plant) in my Puglia veggie garden this year - will try your stuffed with veggies idea.

Last night I made a cross between lasagna and moussaka ......... beef mince, lots of peppers, mushrooms, onions and homemade tomato passata for the meat sauce. Layered between eggplant slices (instead of lasagne) and topped off with cheese sauce - mainly parmesan cheese. Moussagna anyone?
  • chroniclesofthinoholic
    Options
    I'm trying this out today...

substitue 2tbs of oil for cooking spray and minus the brown sugar...

http://thaifood.about.com/od/thaisnacks/r/thaieggplant.htm

enjoy! :)

<p.s tried it before and i is yum! :)>
  • shoneybabes
    shoneybabes Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    go to the ppk.com website, Isa does some good recipes using aubergine.
  • LupaNera
    Options
    Parmiggiana (not really diet food but really tasty), stuffed eggplants, baked with garlic and olive oil.
    This receips you can find easily on the internet the one down I don't think so I am going to write it down.

Eggplants cream.
    You have to bake some eggplants (usually I do 2 big ore 3 medium), preferably over open flame so you can peel them easily.
    Once you have just the eggplant pulp (should be well done). First you have to reduce them to a paste. Then mix it with some salt, olive oil and fine chopped onion Usually one small or max medium onion). It is better to do everything with a wood spoon, to avoid oxidation from metal.

I use it either on bread, or to stuff fresh tomatoes.
    It is a great appetizer.
    http://www.reteteinimagini.com/Retete/Aperitive/cos5.jpg
  • 1msdeborah
    Options
    I just bought an eggplant the other day and I was looking for a recipe. Thank you for your recipe. Im going to try it. Sounds delicious.:flowerforyou:
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Eggplant cut into cubes
    Zucchini cut into cubes
    Stewed or fresh tomatoes, chopped up
    Garlic powder
    Onion powder
    Salt & pepper to taste

Throw everything together and cook on low heat until vege's are tender. Remove from the heat and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.......Mmmmmm.