No sugar

Options
I haven't drank any sugary drinks in almost 2 weeks. I use to always either drink kool-aid or soda. I would even load up my morning coffee with at least 4 spoon fulls of sugar. Now I haven't had any. Over the weekend for labor day I was at a dinner with my friends family and I drank some orangeade and it felt like I could feel the sugar sliding down my throat and it was just disgusting!

Replies

• MrOFM
    MrOFM Posts: 41
    Options
    Good job i have been without soda for 2 weeks now and its the 1st time since i can remember not drinking one that long.
    I still get my sugars from milk and fruits tho.
  • linz1125
    linz1125 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Its so weird that once I used to crave that stuff, now I can't stand it since I gave up sugar.
  • tenaheff
    Options
    I will never totally give up sugar, but giving up sugary beverages, for me, is an easy way to reduce calories. Good job!
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I had SunnyD over the weekend, just a small glass to take my vitamins with breakfast. First drink "Oh this tastes really good!" Second drink (and last drink) "Wow thats a lot of sugar." Dumped the rest out.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I've always been like that... I have to drink water with my sugary beverages. =)
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Yeah, the "full fat" (as I call them) sodas make my mouth really funny now - like I can feel the sugar eating my teeth
  • samblanken
    samblanken Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Yeah, the "full fat" (as I call them) sodas make my mouth really funny now - like I can feel the sugar eating my teeth

I thought I was the only one who felt that way. HATE the feel - I swear I can feel the little sugar crystals hitting my teeth and it's GROSS!
  • CurvyBlossom
    CurvyBlossom Posts: 19 Member
    Options

I thought I was the only one who felt that way. HATE the feel - I swear I can feel the little sugar crystals hitting my teeth and it's GROSS!

Pepsi and Coke have always done this to me. I haven't drank any soda though so maybe other types will make my teeth feel gross now.