Night Eating Syndrome?

Options
Is there anyone here who suffers from this terrible affliction?

Replies

• weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Before I began my major lifestyle change last April, this was a problem for me. I found that by making sure I eat a good breakfast and keep sufficient protein, AND (good) fats in my diet, I no longer am afflicted with the night time munchies. I think water :drinker: :drinker: consumption helps as well.

Another thing is if you have "trigger foods" in your house, that you KNOW inspire you to "graze" mindlessly at night, or any other time, GET RID of them!!:flowerforyou:
  • thirtyby40
    thirtyby40 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Watch your sodium levels too. If you eat foods high in sodium it throws you levels off and makes you crave salty food in the end of the day. And yes I meant if they are high...
  • nancyko
    nancyko Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I thought I was the only one with this terrible habit. I have done this for years. I hate to think of the calories that I eat in the night that I don't even enjoy and sometimes don't even remember. I will wake up in the morning and find crumbs in my bed. Sometimes I will just eat peanut butter right out of the jar if I can't find anything else. I don't know what to tell you what to do about the problem but at least you are not alone. If you conquer it please let me know what you did to stop the problem. Good luck.
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I know that Ambien exacerbates the problem, perhaps other sleeping aids make it worse too?
  • iluvfrogss
    Options
    OMG! Do I have this problem!!!! This is the BIGGEST problem I have! I started going to the gym about 3 weeks ago. I walk on TM for 35 mins, ride the bike for 15mins and do a weight program. I have not lost 1 freakin pound!!!! The problem is: I stay up until 3am and sleep til noon daily, so I don't eat until around 8 or 9pm. I drink NO water and I eat sweets and salty foods late at night. Sometimes I'll be fast asleep and wake up thinking about what I could eat. This is such a bad habit! How do i break it? It seems like even though I do this, I still should have lost some weight because I haven't exercised in 10 years and now I am. So atleast I'm changing one thing. How has other people conquered this horrible habit? I have got to stop sleeping my life away, I have 4 kid's! :sad: