CANADIAN GIRL NEEDS ADVICE FROM AMERICAN FRIENDS!

Options
Hi Americans,

I am going grocery shopping in the USA this Saturday, and I'm looking for food purchase suggestion. Here are three things I get in USA that they don't have here in Canada (at least where I live):

-luna bars
-boca burgers
-low carb tortillas

Any other suggestions? I'm looking for things that are not high in protein, low in calories, sugar and carbs.

Let me know what's working for you!?

--Pink

P.S. I know I've listed some processed foods, but I do limit myself to 2 processed items per day only -- the rest of my diet is all natural. :)

Replies

• stef_e_b
    stef_e_b Posts: 593
    Options
    This doesn't help you at all but trix and cherry coke are what I stock up on when I go down to the states. Haha
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    There is a nutrition bar called "Zone Perfect" that comes in many flavors, and runs around 200 calories. I use them as a quick breakfast. They are available at Walmart, Costco, and if there are Kroger-owned stores in the area where you will be, they might be found there as well.

I don't know if they have "Fibars" or "Fiber One" bars in Canada, but I like the Kellogg's brand, "Fiber Plus" as they are lower in sodium than the others, and at 120 calories and lots of fiber, they make a satisfying and tasty snack or dessert.

Happy shopping!!!:flowerforyou:
  • NancyLaurenDrew
    NancyLaurenDrew Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    There is also another good bar called "Nature Valley" and that brand has some good granola crunchy type bars, but my favorite is a kind of soft bar that is really good. its called "Nature Valley Sweet and Salty: Peanut Butter" i like peanut butter one the best but there is also an almond one. hope i helped! have fun here! lol
  • tubbytabbytales
    Options
    This doesn't help you at all but trix and cherry coke are what I stock up on when I go down to the states. Haha

HAHAHAHAHA That are two very random items. I love it!
  • scarecrow41
    Options
    Mission "Carb-Balance" Tortillas. Super high in fiber and low in carbs. When subtracting the fiber, a large tortilla runs about 7 carbs and a small tortilla about 4.
  • PinkDog
    PinkDog Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    These are GREAT suggestions! Keep 'em comin'!!!